X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREEZING PIPER

NEED INFORMATION ON FREEZIN PIPE TO TAKE OUT A T OR TO INSTALL A T WITHOUY DRANING OR SHUTING DOWN THE SYSTEM

------------------

I had tried one which used co to freeze the line (which was 3in cop.)I had problem getting it to freeze. You have to make sure there will be no water flow through the system.

Comment

The system we use ( in Belgium ) is up to 1 1/4" copper pipes or up to 1" steel pipes. It is based on a coolingliquid R404.
      It is true that in case of larger pipes it is better to stop the flow to be sure of the complete freezing of the tubes.

------------------
      Jan Verbruggen
      Jan Verbruggen

Comment

I haven't used one of those freezers yet but looked at one the other day and thought it to be pretty neat. I really hope I don't have a use for one.

Comment

i've used the ridgid 2500 for some time now and it's great. for larger pipes though, it is better tha you have no flow through the pipe as it may take longer for it to freeze

------------------
          solder_man
          solder_man

Comment

The only opportunity I had to do this was in school using the rigid 2500 on a 3/4 " copper line. It worked great. The flow was stopped in our case.

Comment

Working...
            X