X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lead Free

How is the law going to look at a licensed plumber installing non compliant fixtures spec'd on plans or supplied by owner.
    Even if we have a signed document stating the party of interest has been informed.

Is it the inspector's job to have it torn out.
    Last edited by drtyhands; 12-15-2009, 01:44 PM.

Re: Lead Free

When it doesn't pass inspection you can charge them for the time and parts to correct it.

I can't see how it would be your responsibility. You notified them and they signed a document that should release you from any responsibility.

However logic and government do not mix so my guess is that they will blame you and will leave it up to you to make the repairs at your cost because your the licensed plumber who should have known better.

My question on this is why would one take a job that they know is going to be a head ache like this anyways?

Comment

I can't see any reason why a guy would want get awarded a $100,000 plumbing contract.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        I can't see any reason why a guy would want to get awarded a $100,000 plumbing contract.
        Amen to that!

Comment

I can't see any reason why a guy would want get awarded a $100,000 plumbing contract.

Good answer

Comment

How is the law going to look at a licensed plumber installing non compliant fixtures spec'd on plans or supplied by owner.
            Even if we have a signed document stating the party of interest has been informed.

I don't know, what do you think would happen if they spec'd a non-listed item to be installed?

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              I don't know, what do you think would happen if they spec'd a non-listed item to be installed?

Mark
              They have payed me to swap it out

Comment

consult a lawyer. one that specializes in construction.

you know my lawyers and i have a deal. they don't plumb and i don't practice law. breid.............

Comment

A $100,000 contract doesn't mean sh*t if you spend it all on lawyers.
                  www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Re: consult a lawyer. one that specializes in construction.

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                    you know my lawyers and i have a deal. they don't plumb and i don't practice law. breid.............
                    They do steer you from trouble I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                      A $100,000 contract doesn't mean sh*t if you spend it all on lawyers.
                      My point exactly.
                      That's the whole purpose of this thread.

Comment

If specified, you probably won't be able to purchase them. Most of the enforcement on no lead brass is going to be upstream from us lowly plumbers. Now, if you smuggle some faucets in from out of state and an inspector calls you on it, your arse is grass (he'll probably just make you change them out). If owner supplies them, they're his problem.
                        BTW: Anyone ever have an inspector check your solder to make sure it was unleaded? How about to see if your joints have been reamed?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                          BTW: Anyone ever have an inspector check your solder to make sure it was unleaded? How about to see if your joints have been reamed?
                          I worked 36 hours straight with a couple other guys replacing an entire copper system an inspector caught in a ground up McDonalds at the finish stage that the punk foreman wanted to save time on not reaming.You do not stop McD's opening day.

High rise downtown L/A.Inspector had the triple tower shower columns called out for removal potentially costing many thousands of dollars.The manufacture supplied proof of testing by approved authority,city let it stay.Very close,would've ruined the whole shower concept in a multi-million dollar penthouse.

Comment

Working...
                          X