• Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid PVC Glue

Originally posted by where am i View Post
    sorry no it is bad out there man

great lakes is doing rush & childrens memorial
    and the sup is get 100 call a week from guys
    looking for work
    In reality the reason I asked is I would love to get some experience on the big stuff like that.
    My buddy in the 501 is back on the bench, he was doing the Wheaton Collage for a few months.

Our little shop is hurting, we used to keep our heads above water cash flow wise. but these days more bills than income. Whats really hurting the business is all the unlicensed hacks out there advertising that they are plumbers and doing work for way below cost, since they do not have the overhead of a legit plumbing shop. I just submitted an ad to the State that I found in a local paper where the guy is advertising 40 Gal Gas water heaters installed parts and labor for 600 bucks. His ad did not have a license, nor would he disclose one when asked on the phone.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      In reality the reason I asked is I would love to get some experience on the big stuff like that.
      My buddy in the 501 is back on the bench, he was doing the Wheaton Collage for a few months.

Our little shop is hurting, we used to keep our heads above water cash flow wise. but these days more bills than income. Whats really hurting the business is all the unlicensed hacks out there advertising that they are plumbers and doing work for way below cost, since they do not have the overhead of a legit plumbing shop. I just submitted an ad to the State that I found in a local paper where the guy is advertising 40 Gal Gas water heaters installed parts and labor for 600 bucks. His ad did not have a license, nor would he disclose one when asked on the phone.
      Did Devine Plumbing move to your area?" That was the ad special on his website, also no license # to be seen anywhere on the site. His special was a 40 gal water heater install complete for $600.
      The Other Rick

Comment

I wound like to bring you with some time. but not this time

Comment

Originally posted by where am i View Post

I wound like to bring you with some time. but not this time
          Its cool, I think your Foreman might frown on me being on any job site since I am not in a local. When things stabilize for our company I was thinking of making our shop union.

You know whats funny I get hired by a few union shops to do the drain work for them. They flat out refuse to do the underground drain work. I do not know if they realized we are a non-union shop.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          Ron's Facebook
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

[QUOTE=SewerRatz;268606]Its cool, I think your Foreman might frown on me being on any job site since I am not in a local. When things stabilize for our company I was thinking of making our shop union.

my guys won't mind its the job it self high security

Comment

[QUOTE=where am i;268617]
              Its cool, I think your Foreman might frown on me being on any job site since I am not in a local. When things stabilize for our company I was thinking of making our shop union.

my guys won't mind its the job it self high security

This thread got interesting.............

Comment

You know whats funny I get hired by a few union shops to do the drain work for them. They flat out refuse to do the underground drain work. I do not know if they realized we are a non-union shop.
                At least around here,there are *no* union drain cleaning shops.
                When I was an apprentice there was 1 drain cleaner
                that was a union employee in a union plumbing shop
                and that was it.
                At the risk of being called a lefty...good luck in organizing.
                If you can manage the cash,everyone lives and dies a better life.

Comment

Working...
                X