X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your website building experience

I'm looking to put up a website for our company in the beginning of the new year.

I like Sewer Ratz and All Clear's sites.

I have 2 estimates for a 4-page site: $1200 and $2000. both include hosting and updates for a nominal monthly fee.

Tell me your experiences and post your site if you have one!

Re: Your website building experience

I built both my sites. www.a-archer.com and www.a-archer.net

The www.a-archer.com site is a free site I built at http://www.officelive.com/en-us/ just click on create a free website. I been getting calls from all sorts of web companies offering me a website for them kind of prices. My www.a-archer.net site I built myself and have it hosted with AT&T for 9 bucks a month.

If you really do not want to design your own site, go to a local collage and talk to the instructor that teaches web design. A lot of times the instructor will make a class project out of building a site for you. Or you could find a student that is willing to build one for you for class credit, at a fraction of the cost.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I have been messing with site building for quite a few years and learning as i go. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but have managed to come up with a decent site. My domain name hosting costs me $10.00 per year and the actual server I am on is in Portugal. The guy who hosts the website for me is a great guy and helps me a lot with my Forum by Snitz. I pay $50.00 per year for the webhosting.
      The site is http://www.pumpsandtanks.com/ and the forum is http://www.pumpsandtanks.com/forum/

If your want to give it a shot, I highly recommend Dreamweaver. It's not easy to get used to, but if your persistent, you would be amazed what you can do with it.
      Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

SeweRatz. Nice sites. Thanks for the link to office live.
        I use vista print for my site. cost me 5 bucks a month. the site layout matches my biz cards. which match my truck signs.

Comment

Originally posted by handybull View Post
          SeweRatz. Nice sites. Thanks for the link to office live.
          I use vista print for my site. cost me 5 bucks a month. the site layout matches my biz cards. which match my truck signs.
          I saw that on Vista Prints website the other day when I ordered up new cards.

Comment

I have the worst most backward web site there is...lol I spent about 45 min on it. I do get a lot of customers from it though because I pay google $300 - $400 a month. It's not really the pretty site that matters it's the people who actually see it.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i do my own with yahoo for 14 per month.

cheapest marketing/advertising ive done.

your first year will be less than 10 per month.

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/

i ended up starting from scratch because i didnt like the templates they offer. there are many to choose from so you may have a different experience.

im happy with the results and can make changes and publish whenever i want with the free program they give you - Yahoo Sitebuilder

it's a work in progress.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

Comment

My son, who works for Google, said he'd help me set one up. I told him I'd let him know when I'm ready.

Comment

Figure out how to manage a website properly and you'll be able to quit advertising through other venues. Takes work though.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Thanks for all the great tips! Those templates and websites look pretty user friendly

You guys that have gone the DIY approach: how do you guys do on google and other search engines with your website? I'm asking about both the search of your company name as well as keyword searches like: "plumber" & you town or zip?

Any tips to embedding?

I wonder if there is a forum somewhere for web designers that is bitching about DIY webmasters like we do about home owners and handymen?!

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                      Thanks for all the great tips! Those templates and websites look pretty user friendly

You guys that have gone the DIY approach: how do you guys do on google and other search engines with your website? I'm asking about both the search of your company name as well as keyword searches like: "plumber" & you town or zip?

Any tips to embedding?

I wonder if there is a forum somewhere for web designers that is bitching about DIY webmasters like we do about home owners and handymen?!
                      I rank any where from 1st to 14th depending on the keyword used.

Comment

in october i got 3 jobs from google all of a sudden.

when i googled plumber, new orleans plumber, etc i was showing up on the first page of google maps, i thought awesome, free advertising is working.

couple weeks later im on page 3 with no calls. i cant figure out what changed.

so i decide to try google adwords. ive been on for about two months and have received two jobs. i place better than on maps, first to third business top of 1st page sponsored search.

im wondering if google cycles businesses to 1st page maps every so often to give us a taste. if thats the case it worked. however my results so far are not great. im experimenting with keywords, and ad verbiage to get better results.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips guys.

I'm going to give it a go myself. I'll post a link after the holidays when it's done.

Happy Holidays!

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                          X