Plumber Rick and Utah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumber Rick and Utah

Haven't heard from Rick or Utah lately. I haven't been around as much myself, so did I miss something?

Hope they're alright.

the dog
    the dog

maybe they jumped ship, Terry loves plumbing forum is a great site!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Sorry for my absence.

I've been working in Laughlin and Henderson, Nevada lately. I get home Friday night and head out Sunday morning. Thank goodness next weeks schedule was canceled so now I have a week at home then head to Utah for a week to attend a water board meeting.

I generally carry two laptops with me but rarely go on line from the hotels.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Dog,

I think PlumberRick had written something about a vaction this month. And ToUtahNow had written about not posting as often though I do not recall his reason. He did reply to a post regarding copper pipe this evening.

Its been brought to my attention that my tail has been parked in front of this contraption far too often recently and I agree with the assessment, so I may not be on as often either. This thing is more addictive than a lot of people realize and time flies while on line.

Hopefully Rick is just on vacation because he provides a lot of good information regarding Ridgid equipment and answers service questions for people. While we have had our differences he is a knowledgeable plumber and I hope nothing has happened to him.

There are several of us that are providing a really nice service for Ridgid by giving competent advice to posters free of charge. This allows Ridgid to get very good advertisment and they aren't paying their help a thing. Perhaps Ridged would consider providing coupons or hand tools as incentive to stay around.

Tool,

I'll have to check that site out more closely. I was there once for a minute or so but didn't really get into it much. Rick has been on this site forever so its doubtful he would just up and leave without writing anything about it.
        Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Ahh, Utah,

You posted as I was typing. Good to know you are healthy. Anything interesting doing in Utah?
          Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Originally posted by plumber:
            Ahh, Utah,

You posted as I was typing. Good to know you are healthy. Anything interesting doing in Utah?
            I help to found a water company in Utah where I am the president and chairman of the board. We are having some real problems with water rights at the moment and I am anticipating our annual board meeting to be more like a war than a board meeting.

When we founded the water company it was as a co-op to help the whole community. Now some of the users are trying to take advantage of us because they think we need them more then they need us. I’m afraid my job is going to be to bring them back to reality.

Mark

Comment

i'm back. plumber was right. i was out of town having fun in new mexico and utah. did some fly fishing and atv riding with a few friends.
              utah was amazing. rode atv's in canyonlands park.

plumber, interesting idea about the "points" rewards. maybe the biggies will listen.

didn't know you guys missed us. hope it wasn't too lonely this past week.

thanks for the kind thoughts,

rick.

Comment

Rick,

Flyfishing New Mexico? Did you happen to fish the San Juan out of Farmington? I've never been there but hope to try it some day.

Canyonlands is beautiful but I've never done in on ATVs. If you like ATVs next time try the Piaute Trail in Utah. It's a 250 mile trail set up just so ATVs can ride around Central Utah. One of the access trails goes through my property so we spend quite a bit of time on the trail.

Mark

Comment

utah, you're correct. it was navajo dam in farmington n.m. the fishing was great. we had 2 guides and boats for the 4 of us. small town full of oil workers and river guides.

atv's were lots of fun in the back country. could never ride like this in calif. too many restrictions. already planning next years trip with a larger group. problem is the area is so remote that a larger commercial plane is not practical. glad that 1 of the guys has a plane. next year every man for themselves. anyone with a larger plane?
                  utah, talk to you about your option as we get a little closer. we could always use another plumber on the trip. in fact we found an issue at each place we stayed. even fixed a few. leaking swamp cooler, broken pop up ball and rod, reversed h&c at lav. even managed a trip to home depot n.m. all i was allowed to bring back was 2 tubing cutter wheels. ridgid #15-20. very small and light. anything else i would have had to mail.

plumber, i too have a problem with being attached to the computer. since i was away i had withdrawals. even the cell phone was iffy at some of the locations. managed to win an ebay i bid on 4 days prior to end date. so i guess i wasn't totally away from the normal grind.

rick.

Comment

Working...
                  X