X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just a tip...

ice maker connections for the back of freezers are also hose hose threads.

havn't seen a dishwasher yet that wasn't 3/8'' fip.

the imports/ meli have a hose assy valve they come with.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      ice maker connections for the back of freezers are also hose hose threads.

havn't seen a dishwasher yet that wasn't 3/8'' fip.

the imports/ meli have a hose assy valve they come with.

rick.
      I find both hose threads and/or 1/4" compression connections.

J.C.

Comment

the newer whirlpools have that connection. our lowes sold the dishwasher for weeks before getting any of the adapters in stock. My supplier still doesn't have them. so I just end up billing for a lowes run when I run into those.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I recall buying a Fluidmaster dishwasher connector a couple of years ago that had hose bibb ends and several adapters to accommodate most fittings. I haven't seen them lately.
          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

What I want to know is, Why can't they leave well enough alone. Nothing wrong with using an old fashion DW ell. Thats just another thing to make it an easy install for the home owner.

Comment

I`ve been connecting dishwashers via a 15mm washing machine hose with a 15mm female hose connector supplied with the dishwasher that connects to a 15mm male iron stop tap for as long as I can remember, just wait till you have to connect cold water to a fridge with a 6mm 1/4" push on pex connections.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                I can picture it now...Some hack running a garden hose down to the drain on a water heater!!!
                Maybe they had Plaza_500 in mind!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Here's what I found on their website as an "accessory" one might need. They list it as 3/4"x3/8" Elbow Hose Fitting.

J.C.

http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/acc...productId=1857
                  In a pinch you could make one up easily. Use a female hose thread X 1/2" npt female fitting, a 1/2"x3/8" bushing and a 3/8 maleNPT ell x 3/8" od compression.

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                    In a pinch you could make one up easily. Use a female hose thread X 1/2" npt female fitting, a 1/2"x3/8" bushing and a 3/8 maleNPT ell x 3/8" od compression.

Thats exactly how it happens. Some halfa** manufacturer goes and screws it all up, relying on a rubber garden hose washer to maintain a seal on a machine that induces vibrations to the connection. I can see it now, flooding a high end kitchen because the garden hose connector loosened up on the dishwasher. Unfreaking believable!!!!!

Then someone stacks a bunch of fittings together to try to adapt to a fitting that should not even be there in the first place!!!!

HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACKITY HACK!!!!!!!

Go get the correct part, or dont do the damn job.

Comment

Originally posted by RealLivePlumber View Post
                      Thats exactly how it happens. Some halfa** manufacturer goes and screws it all up, relying on a rubber garden hose washer to maintain a seal on a machine that induces vibrations to the connection. I can see it now, flooding a high end kitchen because the garden hose connector loosened up on the dishwasher. Unfreaking believable!!!!!

Then someone stacks a bunch of fittings together to try to adapt to a fitting that should not even be there in the first place!!!!

HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACKITY HACK!!!!!!!

Go get the correct part, or dont do the damn job.
                      Lighten' up some. You yourself state that the "correct part" has a rubber garden hose washer that can increase the % for flooding.

J.C.

Comment

Lighten' up some. You yourself state that the "correct part" has a rubber garden hose washer that can increase the % for flooding.

J.C.
                        If I run across one of these new Whirlpool dishwashers, I'm sure I will. I'm going for my cobbled up bunch of fittings just to see how long before they come apart by the excessive gyrations of the Vibrator Dishwasher.

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                          If I run across one of these new Whirlpool dishwashers, I'm sure I will. I'm going for my cobbled up bunch of fittings just to see how long before they come apart by the excessive gyrations of the Vibrator Dishwasher.
                          Bet they could sell alot of those.

J.C.

Comment

I bought a WATTS 48" stainless braided dishwasher hose kit today that had the fitting below included. The Maytag dishwasher I was installing didn't need it.

Comment

Here is a photo of the kit I bought including the 90o hose fitting:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Bet they could sell alot of those.

J.C.
                                We have a big problem with female tennants unevenly loading clothes in our Whirlpool coin-op machines.

It's a small wonder that the hose connections on the machines hold up as well as they do.

Comment

Working...
                                X