X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just a tip...

I put in a Kenmore with the hose connection today..
    Adds another 10 bucks to the install..

Home owner,an electrician friend of mine...couldn't figure out how to make his old fitting work

Comment

I installed a Whirlpool dishwasher the other day and it did NOT require that brass 90o hose fitting. Today I took a MAYTAG dishwasher out of the box to install it and I was shocked to see that it DID need the 90o brass hose fitting! (like the back of a washing machine). In my earlier post I erroneously concluded that the Maytag would NOT need this fitting since the Whirlpool didn't (all one company now I was told). Lucky the WATTS dishwasher connector came with the 90o hose fitting (see my photo of the kit in my earlier post). Below I have a photo of the Maytag dishwasher with the 90o brass hose connector about to be connected to the blue plastic threaded fitting (like a washing machine connection)
      Attached Files

Comment

Guess what?! Went to set out a kitchen today. Got to the dishwasher, layed it on its back and found this new valve on the dishwasher. Nobody in town has the connector. So, I guess I will have to wait til supply house gets em in. BTW, Brass Craft makes the elbow fitting.

Comment

What make/brand of dishwasher?

Comment

Whirlpool I think. I really did'nt pay attention this time.

Comment

exactly perfect. industry standard has been working for years and years and years, and then some mfr has to go and 'improve' it. microsoft enters the plumbing market?

it's NOT improved, you a$$holes, it's just different!
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                exactly perfect. industry standard has been working for years and years and years, and then some mfr has to go and 'improve' it. microsoft enters the plumbing market?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post

Not really sure what you're trying to say. Mind being more direct and not so vague?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Hey look what I found on my Maytag dishwasher. This translucent green notification with BLACK text was stuck to the BLACK lower panel...that's why I couldn't see it! My wife peeled it off....It says:
                    "IMPORTANT- New inlet valve design requires new hose fitting (not included). Fitting: 3/8" compr x 3/4" hose. See installation guide. For part or kit, see local retailer or call Whirlpool Parts at 1-800-442-9991 (part# W10273460)" Sorry its a bit blurry-
                    Very nice of them to let us know of this new change
                    Attached Files

Comment

An effort to make it simpler for the DIY'er to install their own dishwasher.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        Not really sure what you're trying to say. Mind being more direct and not so vague?
                        Whisky my man.
                        Yummy,Nummy,Whisky.

Comment

Quote: An effort to make it simpler for the DIY'er to install their own dishwasher.

I don't think the manufacturers care about the DIY'ers. I think what they were up to is: "hey we sell way way more washing machines than dishwashers, so why not use the same part from washing machines on the dishwasher eliminating a lower volume part, and swaping it with a much LARGER volume part". Don't forget the DIY'er or Plumber will STILL have to use a wrench and connect the 90o brass elbow to the 3/8" hose or pipe!!! This is an EXTRA step for the DIY'er or Plumber.

Comment

maybe this will be something new on fridges and ice machines too so they will all be able to have the same soleniod valve cheaper for the manufacturer only have to make 1 type of valve this way.sucks for the plumber though. u could pull up in a 24 foot uhaul and theres always something else ur gonna need thats just the way it is 4 plumbers

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                              I can picture it now...Some hack running a garden hose down to the drain on a water heater!!!
                              Very creative of you to come up with that.
                              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Tell you what . That connection looks like garbage . Hose connection(possible cross thread) and to plastic threads ..Spare me. Junk
                                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X