X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a tip...

Maybe everyone else has ran into it and I'm late on the boat again but I installed a dishwasher today and they have changed the supply connection to Male Hose Threads.

I've always made the supply in the field and have the things on the truck necessary to do so. But I don't run into many-if ever-standard pipe size to hose thread connections and I prefer to make rather than buy the pre-mades.

Anyway, just a tip for things you might need to keep on the truck.

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 12-21-2009, 06:28 PM.

Re: Just a tip...

Female Hose Threads? What did they have in mind to connect to --a garden hose? I haven't seen this one yet. What brand was it?

Sorry, let me edit. I could've sworn I read Female, not male. So, I guess they intend for us to use a washing machine hose?
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
      Female Hose Threads? What did they have in mind to connect to --a garden hose? I haven't seen this one yet. What brand was it?
      I typed wrong and edited it. MALE hose threads. It was a WhirlPool and has a blue HOSE THREADED connection at the bottom left.

I was going to take a picture but was so pi$$ed I didn't have what I needed & had to leave.

So you need to make up or buy 3/8" or 1/2" x hose threaded depending on the original installation.

J.C.

Comment

Sort of like a under the counter ice maker then. Thanks for the heads up.
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Here's what I found on their website as an "accessory" one might need. They list it as 3/4"x3/8" Elbow Hose Fitting.

J.C.

http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/acc...productId=1857
          Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 01-18-2010, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I installed 2 Hotpoints recently and they still had the 3/8" female threads on the water valve. Never seen a dishwasher with a hose fitting.

Comment

I just saw an adapter like the one pictured sitting on a desk at a supply house. I had to ask what it was for because I have not seen a dish washer like that yet.

Can't remember who made it. jones stephens maybe?

Comment

We had to special order these, our manufacturers reps didn't even have em yet, so I bought 20
                West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

I can picture it now...Some hack running a garden hose down to the drain on a water heater!!!

Comment

Thats retarded.

Comment

That adapter should be included in the installation kit. Clueless engineers, maybe. Cheap a*s bean counters, probably.

Comment

Had 2 like that last week and were the customers upset when I told them that they need to provide the part. We don't stock that item and had found that the dishwasher supplier won't sell to us since we the plumbers did not buy the dishwasher.

Why not just add the price of the adapter to the cost of the dishwasher and put it in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
                          Had 2 like that last week and were the customers upset when I told them that they need to provide the part. We don't stock that item and had found that the dishwasher supplier won't sell to us since we the plumbers did not buy the dishwasher.

Why not just add the price of the adapter to the cost of the dishwasher and put it in the bag.
                          Got me. Bought an electric stove lately?

Does not come with a cord. I think clothes dryers too.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post

Too easy?
                            Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                            New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

ISE disposals come with and without pig tails. Extra cost for the cord is like $5. Can you supply and install a cord for $5? I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                              X