X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.28 Toto install

I just installed my 1st 1.28 gallon toilet. It was a Toto drake. Now I'm thinking they may have screwed up with the wrong tank. It flushed awesome with just water. Did the drake go to 1.28 or did they send the wrong tank? The customer did not pick 1.28 they just picked the toilet and I picked it up from the supply house when it came in. I guess I'll call the supply house monday and get to the bottom of it.

We did not install a toilet seat bidet........so sad so sad

Re: 1.28 Toto install

the 1.28 toilets are mandated for a certain percentage of all toilets sold.

i think they are also required for new construction out here in 2010.

personally a 1.28 is not for the older installs and cast iron pipe.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

they call it the eco flush i had a customer order a toto that way it was funny because the bowl said 1.6 and the tank said 1.28 my supplier said they sell it both ways either the toto promenade or ecopromenade that was the model name

Comment

Engineers are finding that 1.28 toilets do not work well with 3" & 4" pipe they fiend that smaller pipes work better with this low flush system but Michigan plumbing code tells us 3" is the smallest pipe you can use for any toilet. Do you remember when we went from 3gal flush to 1.6 and all of the problems we encountered. How long before we go back to pit toilets?

Comment

Im with RICK on this one

I have seen all to many times that the 1.28 gal toilets just do not have enough water to keep that solids moving on castiron pipe. Thats when you have to break out the k-60

Comment

Congressman's ,Wives should be forced to use 1.28 toilets in there own homes..Only then they would realize you need water to get rid of that crap

Comment

The last 1.28 drake that I installed I had to adjust the chain to be tight and lift the flapper higer and allow a little more water to flush better.It appears that the trip lever is more loose with the new toto's and does not allow the flapper to lit properly.

I addressed this exact thing in another post yesterday they are horrible in cast iron applications.

Comment

I can see it now. Plumber installs new toilet only to have to tell the customer that it requires the "5 Gallon Royal Flush" using a pail every time you go #2 in it. Then he/she has to get into a major discussion of why we really do need to start shooting politicians and lawyers in massive ways to save the rest of us.

How many of you remember 5 or 6 gallon large tank toilets that really did flush and also made a real mess if clogged up? Hmmmm ... I don't remember them clogging up much.

Comment

How many 1.28's have you guys from MI. installed? For that matter how many has anybody installed? The house has PVC from a remodel. Who knows from the house to the road. We will see how it works. The good thing is the old toilet was terrible for years so this is a major improvement.

Thanks for all the replies.
                  Last edited by saysflushable; 01-01-2010, 10:47 AM.

Comment

the problem is not getting the toilet to flush with 1.28.

the problem is getting the waste to swim out to the city main

where i see it now is with new large spread out condos. the architect has designed the floor plan with the powder room/ (toilet and sink) so far removed from the rest of the plumbing system that the waste from the toilet has no assistance from the other fixtures to keep the line flowing.

this is a problem with 2 different buildings that i service right now.

1 building is 4 stories with a powder room on each floor stacked and the horizontal main is about 40' from the rest of common waste lines and the other is a 3 story approx 70' from the common waste.

i now have the owners of these units properly trained in the proper use and flushing requirements on these powder room toilets.

what needs to be fixed are all the running toilets in apartments and condos where the owners don't directly pay for the water bills directly.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      the problem is not getting the toilet to flush with 1.28.

the problem is getting the waste to swim out to the city main

where i see it now is with new large spread out condos. the architect has designed the floor plan with the powder room/ (toilet and sink) so far removed from the rest of the plumbing system that the waste from the toilet has no assistance from the other fixtures to keep the line flowing.

this is a problem with 2 different buildings that i service right now.

1 building is 4 stories with a powder room on each floor stacked and the horizontal main is about 40' from the rest of common waste lines and the other is a 3 story approx 70' from the common waste.

i now have the owners of these units properly trained in the proper use and flushing requirements on these powder room toilets.

what needs to be fixed are all the running toilets in apartments and condos where the owners don't directly pay for the water bills directly.

rick.
                      It's a small place with almost back to back bathrooms...... This should help I bet 70' from the house to the city. I hope it is PVC. Then it should be fine.

you are right rick if toilets did not run-.ie.bad flappers- we would never have to worry about water usage.

Comment

According to my Toto rep, who's generally in the know, they had been making 1.28 gpf Drakes and labeling them 1.6 gpf for a couple of years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                          According to my Toto rep, who's generally in the know, they had been making 1.28 gpf Drakes and labeling them 1.6 gpf for a couple of years now.
                          That explains another reason I wasn't impressed with the ones I installed.

These idiots are only thinking of getting things out of the bowl and never about the plumbing after the bowl.

Fine if that's what they want to do though. Just more calls to make more money. Maybe I'll go before the board here with a couple of the "super green dumbazzes" and get 1.28gpf passed here also. Maybe even 1gpf.

J.C.

Comment

Even some of the newer pressure assisted flushtank toilets with the 1.28 gal rating don't cut it. I installed some of the Gerbers in an office building and they flush so quick that the toilet seat liners don't go down the first flush! They even offer a 1.0 gal flush model, what good would it be except for a glorified urinal!

Comment

I generally install Toto Drakes and have put two of the 1.28 gpf in and I don't like them at all. I have a Drake at home that flushes great but the bowl wash is terrible. I have installed the Soiree with cyclone flush and it has a great bowl wash.

One toilet I ordered just to test out. The sewage pit was three feet away so I felt ok about installing it but it did not have a good bowl wash. The second one was a Green customer who just loved the idea of 1.28. I didn't like it but they did so thats all that matters until they have a problem.

The bowl design did not change but the tank did. Our wholesaler is constantly trying to give us 1.28 tanks as there is only one letter difference in the part number. It is almost like they are forcing us to us 1.28.

If there is one thing I have learned about plumbing, it is never try new products too soon. Remember when they went to 1.6 toilets.
                              Last edited by Tyman; 01-01-2010, 01:17 PM.
                              Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Working...
                              X