X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Extra fixtures on the truck?

It seems like every time that I try to keep items stocked on the truck it just sits for a very long time. I just keep the most common repair kits on the truck. It just seemed that everyone wanted something a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Rotate cartridge stem?

J.C.
      I thought it was just a Moen thing.

Comment

I don't carry extra fixtures on the truck other than exterior faucets. Usually when a customer needs something they count on me to make a recommendation. I carry books on my truck and we pick it out.

If I get a call for leaking faucet, I throw a couple stock fixtures we have at the shop and go to the job. Five minutes into the conversation I know what kind of customer I am dealing with and either fix, recommend a replacement on my truck or pull out the books and order one.

Having pictures of your products is huge. Just about overtime I pull out a Toto brochure and recommend a Drake, they always go for a one piece without any push from me. They get what they want. I'm not commission based so my only goal is to make sure they are happy.
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I tried the disposal thing. Some fit, some dont...depending on rough. Biggest complaint with supplying a disposal is noise. "My other disposal was much more quiet." Forget it. I do carry a couple stock kitchen faucets for the landlord or run o' the mill house.

Comment

Rich in Florida.

I really like the Toto Caruso. I can change the water measure device and flapper and have a grewat 3.5 flushing water closet working with old cast iron piping. It does not double flush.This cannot be done with the Dalton wc. It now has enough force to carry paper and waste past the cleanout and to the lateral. I can leave it alone and have a wonderful flushing 1.6 flushing water closet. It is a perfect fit and application for new or old work. The trap is larger allowing more force. I do not have an issue with the Drake when pvc is used on the building drain and sewer.

Living in Florida I see many clients that use a walker,cane ,and have had hip,knee surgeries. I myself have bilateral hips and this allows me a great opportunity to upsell ada water closets. Huge benefit to the client. I notice a plunger by the water closet, again an upsell for a better flushing water cloest.

Yesterday I set a kitchen faucet with spray on the clients kitchen sink counter while I was working on other projects. They had a white moen with spray that the paint was chipping. Half way completing my work the client decided to ask about a price on the installation of the new faucet. Without having it on the truck I would have left dollars at the job.

With the materials on the truck I can do the job right there without having the company spend more money on a return trip.This means my co-workers and I can enjoy greater benefits from the company. Insurance and 401k.Without the materials I trade dollars for trips.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              I got room, plenty of room. J.C., just in case you misread.....plenty of room.
              Me too, I generally keep a 40,50 & 75 gal gas and electric, six & ten year warranty, along with several toilets, pedastils, faucets, numerous pumps, every faucet, fill and valve part ever made...and one baby's arm holding an apple.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                Me too, I generally keep a 40,50 & 75 gal gas and electric, six & ten year warranty, along with several toilets, pedastils, faucets, numerous pumps, every faucet, fill and valve part ever made...and one baby's arm holding an apple.
                Ah he!!. Who left the door open? Now all of the trash cans will be turned over and the stray animals will be pregnant.

Welcome back Duck.

J.C.

Comment

Rich: Thanks for the reply about the Caruso. Leaving the new faucet on the counter was a great idea! My wife had both hips replaced; we have two ADA wc in our house. I am learning that it is both costly and frustrating not having anything on the truck. It also makes a great impression when you have everything to complete a job. You sound like a good sales rep; by that I mean you make more money making your customers happy and solving their problems. Not to be confused with pushing something that someone doesn't want or need. Looked at Sarasota years ago; liked it a lot, couldn't afford it. Wound up here in Cape Coral with my wife.

Comment

Rich
                    How long ago did your wife have her hips replaced? A whole new world appears and it takes an adjustment to get back into the flow of the new world.Sleep is now a friend and painfree is fantastic. I wish her the best and never let her stop doing those little excercises.

You are 100% correct l love helping my clients out of tough situations and saving them time and effort.I have very high ethcial standards and will never sell anything to anyone that will not need attention in the next twelve months. I love the show and tell method increasing the clients wants. I am of the opinion that the client deserves the best that they can afford and allow the client to decide what they want or need.I pride myself on being a problem solver and not the problem. It is fun and I have so much fun during the day that it should be illegal or at the very least I should pay to come to work.However that will not happen. LOL. I am very lucky I work for an owner that is fantastic and has a great open relationship with everyone on the staff. The open door policy still does exist.

We love and adore Sarasota.Paradise and a vacation spot daily. Where else can people live where other people use as a vacation spot to get away from the rigors of life.Jimmy Buffet has it right

Comment

on the moen thing. i was in the supply house yesterday. and the since it has been a while since i have installed any faucets i asked what they carried. Moen, the whole line. but they clam it is not the same as the ones that are sold at home cheapo or lowes. these are better a plumbers line and are for plumbers only. they gave me a catalog and a few prices on 2 handle and single handle models. i almost had a hardatack.

i get monthly mailers from eastman and prices in are pretty good just not sure of the quality.
                      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Working...
                      X