X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any body work with Serve-Pro?

I had a rep stop by trying to drum up business. I am curious to know if they have a good reputation in your area and if they hire you, do they pay good?
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: Any body work with Serve-Pro?

I have an Uncle that owns a Serve-Pro and I was just talking to him about 1-800-FLOODED and COIT calling on us and offering us a commission to give their names out on water damage jobs. He said that they (Serve-Pro) do not have to go door to door as they get more than enough work from the insurance companys. They have been around for a long time and wined and dined those companys long enough to get about 75% of the restoration work. They dont hire the plumber, the repair is made then they get the job of putting it back together and they have their own people for that.
    ________
    Mercury voyager history
    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:30 PM.
    Mike

Comment

We had a Serve-Pro up here then they closed and moved down state.
      Back when I lived in Boston and worked For RR People would ask who to call for clean ups? I told them to call Serve-Pro. I never personally worked with them before. But hear they are OK.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I recieved a call from an out of town Serve Pro who was offering $100 bucks for water removal jobs if I would drop their name and they ended up getting the job.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
          I recieved a call from an out of town Serve Pro who was offering $100 bucks for water removal jobs if I would drop their name and they ended up getting the job.

always wondered if the RR office was taking my referral money
          I hear it's true money and or dinner. I always told the HO here is their card with my service tech number on it so I could get the referral cash never saw a dime. Bet the office took it.
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

They offered me I think $50. What the heck, it's money. They may want to use my pumping services as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
              They offered me I think $50. What the heck, it's money. They may want to use my pumping services as well.
              They offered you $50.00 for what?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

I have not referred work to Serv Pro but I just received a post card from a Flood Restoration Company offering $500.00 for a residential referral and $700.00 for a commercial one! Very, very tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

Thanks.

J.C.
                  Referrals I think?

I have a similar arrangement with a local company, but I get $100 for a job completed referred by me

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                    Referrals I think?

I have a similar arrangement with a local company, but I get $100 for a job completed referred by me
                    No judgement towards anyone, but as a general rule I don't give referrals for money. That may or may not be smart on my part.

Scared it might cloud my judgement or they may send some pedophile one day.

I do not care for "disaster" companies.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

Thanks.

J.C.

Sorry, referals. I posted the question to see if anyone had bad luck refering them or if any of the other pumpers had done any work for them.

Comment

Well,

Had to tell the servepro guy in the little green car and the f'n goofy fishing hat to NOT stop by the shop unannounced, and when they tried the phone trick I told them to just keep sending me notepads and letter openers, pens cuz I likes free sh8t and YOU'RE PUSHING.

Another company, I filed a BBB complaint against for aggressive advertising and this guy had the nuts to say "I don't have to stop" ... really? That complaint to the BBB got them in big trouble for deceptive sales tactics. Then they tried to join 2 of my plumbing networks on facebook. Sorry...you'll pay for that ignorance.

Never thought that "cash" opportunity seemed honorable in the business of workmanship towards others.

That's like your doctor handing you money if you bring in a cancer patient, knowing he's going to make a killing off the person involved.

Just shows you how much money is being made in those situations, with us going after super small carrots in that big equation.

Surprisingly enough...I had a claim early last year and the company that came out was more than fair, did a great job and I was pleased with the outcome. Small company, they work for many insurance companies locally.

I stay away from any 'tube-feeding' in this profession where work is fed to me with condition. I work for the property owner and nothing else.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Their reputation should rest on their shoulders, and not ride on the backs of people who earned it.

I have not seen one company that uses licensed plumbers do the repair work and they charge more than a licensed professional would charge. I've seen water restoration/removal bills and it is shocking.

Keys to opening your own water removal company:

Buy about 6 dehumidifiers.
                          Buy 3 blowers.
                          Buy a wood moisture meter
                          Buy 3 shop vacs.
                          Employ a melodramatic salesman
                          Bribe plumbers in your area.

They can take their letter opener and pens and go pack it.
                          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I have had so many of these idiots tell me they will give me an average of $400 for each referral. The last guy followed me into a subdivision, & stopped me before I could even get out of my truck, to give me his speel. I was nice to him at first, because I thought it was a neighbor or someone that possibly needed work done. Then when I let him have it, he looked at me like, {deer in the headlights}, & basically told me that I am missing my big chance for this wind fall of money, & possibly early retirement.
                            These guys now have digital meters on their super duper dehumidifiers, & must charge by the second. No wonder our insurance rates are so high. These guys have big , nice looking buildings too.

Comment

Originally posted by Don the plumber View Post
                              I have had so many of these idiots tell me they will give me an average of $400 for each referral. The last guy followed me into a subdivision, & stopped me before I could even get out of my truck, to give me his speel. I was nice to him at first, because I thought it was a neighbor or someone that possibly needed work done. Then when I let him have it, he looked at me like, {deer in the headlights}, & basically told me that I am missing my big chance for this wind fall of money, & possibly early retirement.
                              These guys now have digital meters on their super duper dehumidifiers, & must charge by the second. No wonder our insurance rates are so high. These guys have big , nice looking buildings too.
                              Didn't want to say anything but I have personally held the bill sheets from one company to an insurance company.

What you state is true and what most people don't know. Every fan, every dehumidifier, every heater etc. is charged what are high rates in my opinion.

So they want to get everything they possibly can into a job. Some probably can't imagine how much is charged.

Wouldn't be unusual to have 5 fans, 3 dehumidifiers, 2 heaters on every job, being charged for every second. WHETHER ANYONE IS ON THE JOB OR NOT.

I try not to judge what someone else wants to do or charge but it doesn't seem exactly "right" to me and probably does contribute to higher premiums.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X