No announcement yet.

Why is getting into a plumbers Union so hard? Help a kid out :D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, it doesn't seem like a good idea to advertise that you want to open your own shop by 25-26 years of age. Please consider the investment in time and energy you're asking a company and the union to invest in training you all while knowing you plan to leave. If you open a shop the union loses someone in which they've invested time and money.

You might consider moving to Minnesota. Here in the Twin Cities there is a shortage of plumbers. Whether or not there is room in a union training program is an altogether different question but you can make some phone calls to determine that. Remember though, construction trades suffer considerably during economic downturns. The U.S. is overdue for a recession. When the next one comes I suspect it will be bad. Why? What is the Fed going to do lower interest rates? They've already been at at essentially zero when inflation is factored in for nearly a decade.

Good luck.

Smack my head! I didn't see the original post was from 7 years ago.
    Last edited by geno gardner; 09-03-2017, 10:34 PM. Reason: Poor eyesight resulted in an extremely late response to the original post. :o)
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Smack my head! I didn't see the original post was from 7 years ago.

It's like they say: Time flies like an arrow.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

Bob D. Time flies like an arrow and fruit flies like a banana.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

Did you work in Westwood / UCLA at 1 time? Best cookies in town and the most reasonable too. been going there 30+ years. in fact there are still some employees still serving up cookies who are still there. It use to be 4 for a buck. now 3 for a buck. still the best deal 2 cookies and a scoop of ice cream for a buck.

Next time you're in town, I'll make the 10 minute trip and treat you to 1 and enough for the ride home.

Rick.
          Hi, I was curious of this cookies you've mentioned. How long does it take a ride if from Arlington to that store?

Comment

A few years ago I applied to the local Union. IDK, had fifteen years experience. Licensed, tooled. Applied for an apprenticeship.

Never heard back.

I can tell you though, if there is a certification you can get that you need, get it. You ain't getting into the local operators Union here without a CDL. I mean you can, but you won't.

Comment

Working...
            X