Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have An Idea, Looking For Feedback From Professional Plumbers Only Please

Hi all,

We’ve been lurking in this forum and a few others for a while now and we were surprised to hear how much people are paying for leads.

Since the economy slowed down and we found ourselves with a bit too much free time on our hands we decided to do something about it.

You can see the fruit of our labor at MrsSeatDown.com

Here’s how it works:

First we tell the consumer what information they should provide so that local plumbers can respond to their need. (Some people want their problem solved NOW at any cost, some prefer to wait to save money, some are only home on Thursdays, etc. )

Once the consumer enters a post, we check to make sure its not spam and then send it out via email to all the plumbers who have signed up to receive leads from that town or zip code.

If the lead is one you want to pursue, you respond to the consumer.* If not, you just ignore it.

If the consumer likes your response the best (for whatever reason), they’ll contact you to schedule the work.

Much like craigslist and unlike certain other sites that charge you for leads, MrsSeatDown.com is free to you.

Anyway, we’d love to get some feedback from you on this before we start marketing to consumers.

Please take a look at MrsSeatDown, then click on “Plumbing” and let us know what you think.

My direct email is: Joey (at) MrsSeatDown.com

My direct telephone number is: 555.1212

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 01-13-2010, 11:17 AM.

Re: Have An Idea, Looking For Feedback From Professional Plumbers Only Please

Originally posted by charlieoet View Post
    we check to make sure its not spam
    Obviously someone forgot to check this thread and delete it...........
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

what the heck is this about. Does the Op have no life and plenty of free time on their hands that they can post this garbage

Comment

The guy is obviously just a lurking spam poster who should be banned and the thread deleted by the moderator(s).
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Apologies if you feel my post was spam - I really am just looking for some feedback from you, the professionals before we formally launch what we hope will be a new and useful service. I see that our web address was deleted and replaced with that MrsSeatDown text. Anyway, if you have the time the site is MrsSeatDown.com but all one word.
          If it helps, please note that there is no charge for anything on our Beta test site.

Regards,
          Joey
          Last edited by ToUtahNow; 01-13-2010, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieoet View Post
            Apologies if you feel my post was spam - I really am just looking for some feedback from you, the professionals before we formally launch what we hope will be a new and useful service. I see that our web address was deleted and replaced with that Spam Rock text. Anyway, if you have the time the site is everything tree .com but all one word.
            If it helps, please note that there is no charge for anything on our Beta test site.
            Regards,
            Charlie

Please free beta test my product for me and tell me how to make it better before I start to charge for it...

Wow be a middleman between me and my customer what a great service..... What a bunch of slack A$$es

How about spending your time to produce something to make the world a better place as opposed to inserting yourselves into a transaction and having the gaul to charge for it...

Bloodsuckers
            Last edited by OkieBill; 01-12-2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Piss off Troll
              sigpic

Comment

Have you been reading my posts about these types of companies on the other forum?

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                Please free beta test my product for me and tell me how to make it better before I start to charge for it...

Wow be a middleman between me and my customer what a great service..... What a bunch of slack A$$es

How about spending your time to produce something to make the world a better place as opposed to inserting yourselves into a transaction and having the gaul to charge for it...

Bloodsuckers
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                  Have you been reading my posts about these types of companies on the other forum?

No, but we tend to think alike on these things I have an account on PZ but I forgot my password so I have not been there for a couple of months. I also have an account on Terry Love but that was just to flame him

Comment

No, but we tend to think alike on these things I have an account on PZ but I forgot my password so I have not been there for a couple of months. I also have an account on Terry Love but that was just to flame him
                    I ran across his site a few years ago. I know nothing of him. Why flame?

Just curious...

J.C.

Comment

I started out on Terry's forum, but way to many people rubbed me the wrong way. I mean they come to a DIY forum ask a question of the Pro's on the forum and when the pro's answer the question in how to do things the right way to code. They come back saying why cant they do it the way they wanted, and that they do not need to follow code cause (insert dumb reason here). So I gave up. I still read it and pop in once in a while... but they shortly remind me why I stopped helping.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        I ran across his site a few years ago. I know nothing of him. Why flame?

Just curious...

J.C.
                        I'm trying to remember what happened but a fight on Terry Love carried over onto this site... I think people from that site followed somebody over here and were being not nice so I went over to Terrys site and added to the stink... In the end Terry came over here and made peace so I have not been back since

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...rry+love&page1
                        Last edited by OkieBill; 01-12-2010, 10:49 PM.

Comment

wow joey, you've been running a site and keeping it from me this whole time

what else are you hiding from me

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

For the sake of maybe attaining some purpose from the topic on this farce of a thread, the idea is extremely old.

There are dozens of lead companies that compete via pay-per-click at a fraction what they charge contractors for the "lead".

Best option is to open your own pay-per-click account with Google in conjunction with a webpage page and advertise on your own, it blows the ROI of yellow pages or local paper off the map, you only pay for ads viewed under search words you specify, like "water heater", "drain" or "toilet", and when you're busy you can turn it off.

Comment

What's the name of those fish that hang off sharks and feed of what falls off its teeth?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X