Work for friends who rent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work for friends who rent?

Did a job for a friend (who rent)involving a clogged washing machine drain. They brought it up to me that there was a spot on the ceiling. Used the micro snake and saw some water damage. Came back later on and replaced their tub w/o assembly because their brass on had a hole in the shoe.

2 days later, I got a call tonight saying that the pilot is out on the water heater. Now the landlord is asking me all kind of questions. She probably thinks I have something to do with it and am in cahoots with their tenants since we're friends. Totally not the case and am worried how bad it'll be if there's another plumbing problem.

Ever had problems like this?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Work for friends who rent?

what next, a bad flushing toilet

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Yes I have.

My S.I.L. was renting and had horrible hot water pressure. I decided to swing by and just fix it one day. Replaced the galvanized nipple and it was good to go. Went up stairs to check all faucets and the kitchen faucet plugged up. Went to take off the handle and the set screw stripped On and On and On.

I learned one thing from that experience. Don't do crap on a landlords house even if it is to help a friend and the landlord without getting permission.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Sorry guys you dont have license to this on your own. Worst aprt about it is we have this character inside us called emotion which talks us into looking after our friends. However we are blind to the fact that our hand of kindness is more often than not taken for granted. Not everyone has charity inside of them. PITY.....!!!!

Anyhow as was said above dont do it without permission because when it all goes South yoou can guarantee they will always come after us for compensation

Comment

When any thing is done at a rent house...
          the landlord and the renters , believe in there mind any repair you make is suppose too fix every problem in the house

Had one Thursday toilet rocking ,, yesterday her thermocouple on the water heater burnt in two,,renter was trying to tell me she just didn't know it was out 4 days earlier when i was there with the rocker

Ching another service call

Comment

I'm always getting permission before I start work. The only difference between this job and others I've done is the tenant is a friend of mine. I take lots of pics to document everything and let the landlord know whats going on before I proceed with any work. I doing this work at full rate btw.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I was just snaking a side sewer the other day as I was done and loading up the truck the renters came out side and asked why I shut the water off, they where taking a shower (boyfriend and his girlfriend) and the water stopped. I said I did not touch the water supply, they started going off on me! I went in showed them the tub water worked removed the shower head blew out the rust put back on all was fixed. Next day the kitchen sink did the same thing and the landlord called mad, I must have done something they have never had any problems in 20 years till I snaked the side sewer. LMAO
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

cuda, you missed all the hints.

the girlfriend wanted a threesome in the shower

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                  I was just snaking a side sewer the other day as I was done and loading up the truck the renters came out side and asked why I shut the water off, they where taking a shower (boyfriend and his girlfriend) and the water stopped. I said I did not touch the water supply, they started going off on me! I went in showed them the tub water worked removed the shower head blew out the rust put back on all was fixed. Next day the kitchen sink did the same thing and the landlord called mad, I must have done something they have never had any problems in 20 years till I snaked the side sewer. LMAO
                  Were they dressed?

Comment

Working...
                  X