SeeSnake Compact Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeeSnake Compact Question

I have the see snake compact black and white. I bought it used and when i first used it it would show the feet it was out. All of a sudden it stopped showing it. Any Ideas?
    You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Re: SeeSnake Compact Question

does it show the time or date?

what happenss when you scroll with the counter plus?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

No time or date but I never seen a compact that does.
      You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Probably your count plus unit, take it to a ridgid center to be sure though.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
          No time or date but I never seen a compact that does.

you're right, i don't own a compact. but i looked at it's specs and it only does feet and inches. no date or time.

josh will know

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I have the see snake too, and the exact same problem. The foot meter works sporatic. sometimes it starts working as I'm pulling it back, and starts going into negative numbers. I haven't been able to figure it out. Never had to push any buttons, or do anything special to get the counter to work before.I know if I send it in for repair of anything, its gonna be minimum of $500.

Comment

Just a shot in the dark, could the button cell battery in the Counter IR be bad?

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
                I have the see snake compact black and white. I bought it used and when i first used it it would show the feet it was out. All of a sudden it stopped showing it. Any Ideas?
                All great suggestions gents but unfortunately this one is definitely an issue with the slip ring. With the compact the counter is built onto the slip ring board (no external controls or buttons etc). It sounds like you may have gotten water into the slip ring area and corroded the board. My suggestion is to get the tool into the nearest SS service center for evaluation. Not sure how you normally clean your push cable but this type of damage is commonly caused by EU's filling the drum with water or even pressure washing it while it is still in the drum. You defintely do not want to allow this to happen. Any questions feel free to give us a ring in Tech Support. 800-519-3456.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech.Man View Post
                  All great suggestions gents but unfortunately this one is definitely an issue with the slip ring. With the compact the counter is built onto the slip ring board (no external controls or buttons etc). It sounds like you may have gotten water into the slip ring area and corroded the board. My suggestion is to get the tool into the nearest SS service center for evaluation. Not sure how you normally clean your push cable but this type of damage is commonly caused by EU's filling the drum with water or even pressure washing it while it is still in the drum. You defintely do not want to allow this to happen. Any questions feel free to give us a ring in Tech Support. 800-519-3456.
                  I have a mini seesnake model#71RK Ridgid, with the same problem that counter don't work. Mine has enclosed box on outside of cable drum. I am the only one that has ever used it, and keep it inside heated garage. Its in very good condition, & has not been abused at all. Any ideas what could be wrong? Works sometimes, but not when I want it to. This has the counter that comes up on video screen.

Comment

I have a 71RK unit and the transmitter is not sending the signal to my scout unit. Doesn't the 71RK unit come with the 512 transmitter built into the camera head?

Comment

Working...
                    X