X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-400 catch O the day

Working at my favorite restaurant and the grease cleaners left me a present (rooftop drain line)
    I would have used the mighty K-60 but I did not want to get my hands dirty, rotten grease is the worst

Would this have been a prime jetter job? How do you tackle commercial grease issues...

Re: K-400 catch O the day

how/ why do the grease guys get on the roof and drains

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      how/ why do the grease guys get on the roof and drains

rick.

Grease guys were on the roof cleaning the grease hoods and changing catch pads they washed all of the grease down a rooftop drain where the curds got caught up on one of their pads that went down and stopped everything up.

Comment

It would have been very impressive if you drug out that giant greasy towel..

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
          It would have been very impressive if you drug out that giant greasy towel..

It would not fit through the grates under the sidewalk so I had to pop the grate and pull it up and out via screwdriver. The spade cutter got caught up in it pretty quickly so I pulled until it jammed at the sidewalk transition.

Comment

Maybe the plumbers should start tieing the roof drains into the sanitary sewers now huh? Hope you can get all that grease off sidewalk.

A long time ago I was working with my dad, & we had a flooded parking lot drain at a restaurant. After we pumped it down and took the cover off catch basin, we found that one of the restaurant employees, had cleaned out the grease trap, and put it into a heavy plastic bag. It smelled so bad, that he didn't want it sitting in dumpster, so he took the grate off parking lot catch basin drain, & dropped the whole bag of grease down inside. He told us he thought the drain was like 3ft wide the whole way, and the bag would eventually wash down It was the worst smell you can imagine.

Comment

Working...
            X