• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: balcocks which kind

we call the am standard the bumble bee

Comment

You all are speaking of the smartvalve, have to be.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
        I think you're right. I just can't bring myself to call it that.

J.C.

Comment

funny part was i bought 2 cases of the "smart valves" and i was almost through the first case when the phone started to ring. i returned the full case and spoke to american standard. they sent me replacement fluidmaster ballcocks

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Re: rick

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
            will the pro 45hr work on regular stools? breid...............
            i have a sample in my truck. i'll look and see if it has a regular flow adapter. the high refill is designed for the toto and the kohler bowls. it would be a waste of water on a regular bowl if there is not a normal flow restrictor.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              funny part was i bought 2 cases of the "smart valves" and i was almost through the first case when the phone started to ring. i returned the full case and spoke to american standard. they sent me replacement fluidmaster ballcocks

rick.
              The exact same thing happened to me, Rick. I installed about a case of them, before I discovered the problem. And of course American Standard would never fess up early, & alert us not to use the POS's anymore.
              Those "DUMB" valves would stay on almost full way. Lucky that the overflow tube handled it.
              I put them in my rental house I had at the time, and got a water bill for $300. Can you imagine how much water those things wasted, back then? And how much aggravation & time it cost all of us. Simply for trying something that was suppose to be higher quality mercandise.

Comment

On the brass shank idea from fluidmaster...I instantly thought that was a good idea but then I became reserved on that for numerous reasons:

1. When you buy a flex supply, or even a pex riser supply, you are connecting a plastic to plastic connection. Plastic threads (supply nut) to a plastic shank.

I always wondered why all the manufactures always put plastic nuts on toilet risers, as they could easily go brass like they do on everything else, right?
                I use the Wolverine flex supplies with the brass nut. I guess we've all seen the bottom of the plastic nuts pop out because someone overtightened them.
                "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X