Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sad state of affairs...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/for/1567672470.html

Why would another plumbersell out the value of their trade? Some folks will say, "if you will go as low for $350, then surely you will go down to $300."

Re: A sad state of affairs...

I just submitted his little ad to the state and the PHCC of Illinois for advertising with out displaying his license number.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

He states he supplys all material, what he should say is "My employer unbeknownst to him is going to supply all material needed to do this job"
      ________
      HERBALAIRE VAPORIZER
      Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:36 PM.
      Mike

Comment

Here is a link for the pDF form to report this kind of thing. http://www.ilphcc.com/images/YourAssistanceNeeded.pdf

Comment

There's quite a few plumbing companies that are shutting down this year in my area.

One plumbing company that I couldn't believe...threw a 3 grand bid on a 6 thousand dollar job.

Disturbing on so many levels when you hear/see this going on.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

What will happen to someone like that Ron? In Ohio they wont do squat. They say they will fine but they have no enforcement. You can go through the phone book in our little area and 10% of the plumbers do not put the license # in their ad.
            ________
            BUY HERBALAIRE VAPORIZER
            Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:36 PM.
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
              What will happen to someone like that Ron? In Ohio they wont do squat. They say they will fine but they have no enforcement. You can go through the phone book in our little area and 10% of the plumbers do not put the license # in their ad.
              In the licensing law they will make him put his license number in all his ads, until then they will fine him and have the phone company turn off his phone. Below is from our licensing law.

b.5) Any person who advertises plumbing services (i) who fails to display the license number required by subsection (a) in all manners required by that subsection, (ii) who fails to provide a publisher with the correct number under subsection (b), or (iii) who provides a publisher with a false license number or a license number of a person other than the person designated under subsection (a), or any person who allows his or her license number to be displayed or used in order to allow any other person to circumvent any provisions of this Section is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor with a fine of $1,000, which shall be subject to the enforcement provisions of Section 29 of this Act. Each day that a person fails to display the required license under subsection (a) and each day that an advertisement runs or each day that a person allows his or her license to be displayed or used in violation of this Section constitutes a separate offense.

In addition to, and not in lieu of, the penalties and remedies provided for in this Section and Section 29 of this Act, any person licensed under this Act who violates any provision of this Section shall be subject to suspension or revocation of his or her license under Section 19 of this Act.

(b.10) In addition to, and not in lieu of, the penalties and remedies provided for in this Section and Sections 19, 20, and 29 of this Act, and after notice and an opportunity for hearing as provided for in this subsection and Section 19 of this Act, the Department may issue an Order Of Correction to the telecommunications carrier furnishing service to any telephone number contained in a printed advertisement for plumbing services that is found to be in violation of the provisions of this subsection. The Order of Correction shall be limited to the telephone number contained in the unlawful advertisement. The Order of Correction shall notify the telecommunications carrier to disconnect the telephone service furnished to any telephone number contained in the unlawful advertisement and that subsequent calls to that number shall not be referred by the telecommunications carrier to any new telephone number obtained by or any existing number registered to the person.

If, upon investigation, the Department has probable cause to believe that a person has placed an advertisement with a telecommunications carrier that: (i) contains a false license number, (ii) contains a license number of a person other than the person designated under subsection (a), or (iii) is placed or circulated by a person who is not properly licensed under this Act, the Department shall provide notice to the person of the Department's intent to issue an Order of Correction to the telecommunications carrier to disconnect the telephone service furnished to any telephone number contained in the unlawful advertisement, and that subsequent calls to that number shall not be referred by the telecommunications carrier to any new telephone number obtained by or any existing number registered to the person.

Comment

holy **** they don't mess around!! That is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                  http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/for/1567672470.html

Why would another plumbersell out the value of their trade? Some folks will say, "if you will go as low for $350, then surely you will go down to $300."
                  Answer:

Because his BOSS is not paying him enough,

People don't work after work for "fun"

They do it because they need to eat,

I have worked for many companies where the boss was making $$$$$$$$ a day profit and paying me squat.

After all is is licensed and if he can make a few bucks, why not,

I mean HOME DEPOT sells things cheaper then my hardware store.

Anyhow, That just my opinion
                  Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                  New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                    Answer:

Because his BOSS is not paying him enough,

People don't work after work for "fun"

They do it because they need to eat,

I have worked for many companies where the boss was making $$$$$$$$ a day profit and paying me squat.

After all is is licensed and if he can make a few bucks, why not,

I mean HOME DEPOT sells things cheaper then my hardware store.

Anyhow, That just my opinion
                    I was thinking the guy is laid off, or working shorter hours. Still, that does not make sense to sell yourself short.

Union or Non Union the plumbers in Chi town make between $30-$40 per hour. Most bosses dont have a choice.

The company I work for charges between $700-$1000 per install depending on the type of pump and access (home, not business). This guy could at least try to get $450-$500.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                      I was thinking the guy is laid off, or working shorter hours. Still, that does not make sense to sell yourself short.

Union or Non Union the plumbers in Chi town make between $30-$40 per hour. Most bosses dont have a choice.

The company I work for charges between $700-$1000 per install depending on the type of pump and access (home, not business). This guy could at least try to get $450-$500.

Ya , could be , Then again, if he is working from home and is actually licensed he could do it way cheaper, I mean making $50 when you have $0 for food etc is better then nothing,

I know that in my lifetime so far, I have sold things I didn't want to sell cause I needed cash, I also have taken jobs, that didn't pay well, but paid the rent , got me diapers for the kids and so on.

Just my thoughts, But ya, you may be right
                      Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                      New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I just hope he at least has some sort of insurance

Comment

Just because he is hungry or need to put food on the table, does not give him permission to violate the plumbing licensing laws. Also $350 installed? Where is he stealing the pumps from? I mean the pump costs a little over $300 bucks plus tax.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                            Just because he is hungry or need to put food on the table, does not give him permission to violate the plumbing licensing laws. Also $350 installed? Where is he stealing the pumps from? I mean the pump costs a little over $300 bucks plus tax.
                            $199 at Home Despot

Weird that he'd pick sewage ejector to advertise, why not a disposal, water heater, or sump pump or something. Ejector pumps can be such a mess sometimes.

If in IL it's like it is here, we have lots of plumbers out of work and working dirt cheap to survive. He could do it for that, make money and still be licensed and insured. For a guy who's broke a job or two like that a day is a living, plus it's a foot in the door for other work.

Comment

$199 for the cheap one, $310 for the one with the cast iron base. Still he needs to follow the rules, if not he can lose his license. I know lots of out of work guys doing side work, they do not have the needed 055 Illinois Plumbing Contractors license, which means they are not insured or bonded in the state of Illinois. As you said it can lead to a foot in the door, for other work. Lots of the other work that it leads too requires a permit do you think he is going to pull it? Not with out the 055 license.

Originally posted by MasterplumberKC View Post
                              $199 at Home Despot

Weird that he'd pick sewage ejector to advertise, why not a disposal, water heater, or sump pump or something. Ejector pumps can be such a mess sometimes.

If in IL it's like it is here, we have lots of plumbers out of work and working dirt cheap to survive. He could do it for that, make money and still be licensed and insured. For a guy who's broke a job or two like that a day is a living, plus it's a foot in the door for other work.

Comment

Working...
                              X