flapper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flapper

i know everyone likes the 400 for the water but what about the flapper? i get more flapper calls. i cannot find one that i like. what do you like? there is one in the 400c kit.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Re: flapper

Red Korky

Comment

Korky Red, and Korky Red with adjustable float on chain. Both great for most applications.

Comment

i have always liked the blue coast master

Comment

I carve them out of wood and use putty.

J.C.

Comment

The Fluidmaster DuraFlush Red (used to be called bullseye)
            And the FM Adjustaflush Red. I like the rigid arms.
            If they won't work because of overflow tube size issues then I use the red Korky. But, regardless of what they claim about chlorine resistance, they deteriorate into a gummy mess very quickly around here.

I've found the FM's work well even on the old one piece kohlers where kohlers own flapper doesn't.
            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

i don't know if its true but the guys around here say black = 1 year blue = 2 years and red= 5 years at least for flappers

Comment

I like the blue coast flapper. When I was in business I found that we had two big months a year with toilet issues, one was November (when the winter water which was colder would arrive and April when the water would warm back up)

Comment

the blue (coast style), i buy by the case of 100. but these are only good for the older non low flow toilets.

the low flows require a low flow flapper and i too like the fluidmaster adjustable red, ridgid style that you rotate to adjust the flow. not the newer ones with the float. those are a problem and i made them aware of it.

the flapper material is too soft and the chain lifting the flapper is warping it. also they packaged the flapper with the clip attached to the rubber flapper and it is leaving a scar on the rubber. i have about 25 to swap out now

lavell makes most of the oem kohler flappers. of course the kohler ones only last a short time

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I like the red Korky's. Seem to work well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      the blue (coast style), i buy by the case of 100. but these are only good for the older non low flow toilets.
                      Same here. For newer WC's the Coast Flush Guard with the
                      interchangeable "holes" work very well. The red insert
                      is good for AS & Kohler that originally had the styrofoam
                      float on the chain.

Comment

Flappers are a PITA, and one of my frequent call backs, I'd like to see a picture of that west coast blue, if any1 has it. Sounds like that one works well for alot of you. I've never heard of it.
                        I bet you it won't work on Mansfield toilets though, LOL.

Comment

ok so we all know what flappers you all like.

what about tolite rebuild kits?
                          Last edited by Jerad; 02-17-2010, 10:38 AM.
                          the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Black Korky's, been using them for years and they work. I've tried the red ones but found no difference except for the cost. If a customer is going to put chemicals in their tank that's their problem, not mine.

Comment

Then you find one of those huge #5's? I am a forced-to-be plumber and trying to help out a professor at my college, I go to his house for a "running toilet". Brought a red Korky with me only to find this huge thing I had to drive all over town to find!
                              God Bless You Super Good!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X