Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watts Floodsafe water heater shutoff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Watts Floodsafe water heater shutoff

    Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
    I use the ones like Rick described. I have had trouble with them leaking from the threads of the connection that holds the ball valve together. Brand new valves and they would leak at the initial turn on.
    Your concern about the tank splitting on the side is valid but it only takes a drop of water to activate the ball valve. I would rather have it run for a minute or less and finally set the sensor off than have it run all day or longer while you are at work or away.
    And yes some that i have installed have prevented catastrophe including a roof leak that dripped in the pan and thus the home owner was alerted when they had no hot water and went to the attic to inspect.

    I also sell and give water alarms from Statewide that i put in the water heater and condensate pans and around problematic icemakers. Another property saver, goodwill bringer, money maker item that is cheap, cheap, cheap.
    Funny how things are so different in other parts or the country. 95% of the water heaters around here are in basements, the other 5% is maybe slab floors. I have only installed 2 water heaters in attic space, in my career. Thats why the auto shut offs are so popular elsewhere. I appreciate everyones info, and keep it coming. I can see where the wash machine shut off would be a good sell here, lots of 1st and 2nd floor laundry rooms.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Watts Floodsafe water heater shutoff

      WAGS ok. But non-resettable. One time use. So if anything sets it off like an accidental spill, it must be replaced. Wait-that could be good....

      The Floodstop for washing machines is ok I guess. Most of the floods from washing machines I've ran into are due to the drain backing up.

      Correct me if I'm wrong but the Floodstop wouldn't prevent this.

      I remember seeing one that connected into both the supply and the electrical for the washing machine.

      If a leak was detected the valves shutoff and the electricity to the washing machine was turned off also.

      I'll try to find it...

      J.C.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Watts Floodsafe water heater shutoff

        Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        WAGS ok. But non-resettable. One time use. So if anything sets it off like an accidental spill, it must be replaced. Wait-that could be good....

        The Floodstop for washing machines is ok I guess. Most of the floods from washing machines I've ran into are due to the drain backing up.

        Correct me if I'm wrong but the Floodstop wouldn't prevent this.

        I remember seeing one that connected into both the supply and the electrical for the washing machine.

        If a leak was detected the valves shutoff and the electricity to the washing machine was turned off also.

        I'll try to find it...

        J.C.
        The Watts one would prevent that.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Watts Floodsafe water heater shutoff

          I've got two WAGS mistakenly sent by one of our supply houses AND THEY WONT TAKE THEM BACK. I wont mention any names, but I'll give you their initials. Winnelson. If anyone is interested make an offer

          Comment

          Working...
          X