Pegasus three handle tub/shower faucet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pegasus three handle tub/shower faucet

Does any body know where to find parts for the faucets? I went HD today, the one and only guy that can order parts was not threre. I have spent the last two hours searching with no luck. I can't even find the faucet. I thought about replaceing it with a single lever retrofit. What brands would you guys recomend for a retrofit? I found an American Standard on Faucet Direct.com.

Re: Pegasus three handle tub/shower faucet

You shouldn't be installing a 3 handle faucet without it being pressure balanced. I believe that code is enforced nationwide, but not sure.

I'd be retrofitting to a single handle Delta, done and over with.

Pegasus is AKA Danze Faucet, which both of them are made by Globe Union.

I love putting in pegasus faucets because I usually get to tear them back out. SHA-BAMMM!@!!!
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

these pics may help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
        You shouldn't be installing a 3 handle faucet without it being pressure balanced. I believe that code is enforced nationwide, but not sure.

I'd be retrofitting to a single handle Delta, done and over with.

Pegasus is AKA Danze Faucet, which both of them are made by Globe Union.

I love putting in pegasus faucets because I usually get to tear them back out. SHA-BAMMM!@!!!
        Dunbar, Sorry for the delay of pics. This faucet is a pressure balance faucet. I would rather replace the parts that I need. I am trying to do the least expensive repair. Does Delta offer a retrofit faucet that will cover the holes in the tile?

Comment

I don't blame ya on that, to save them money.

http://wareseeker.com/Utilities/pega....zip/7ca8c15bb
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
            Dunbar, Sorry for the delay of pics. This faucet is a pressure balance faucet. I would rather replace the parts that I need. I am trying to do the least expensive repair. Does Delta offer a retrofit faucet that will cover the holes in the tile?
            American Standard makes a retrofit single handle faucet, with a large goof plate to cover holes from 3 handle faucet. You will have to cut out center hole a little larger, but when your done its fixed for life. You already spent more than 2 hrs screwing around trying to find parts. So what is actually cheaper? If there is an access behind there, its a 2 to 3hr job to install a new faucet. If there is not an access behind there, make one.
            I've done this a million times, trying to be mr. nice guy, but costing yourself money, trying to save the customer. Trash that POS pegasus and put in the American standard, and you and the customer will never look back. You repair the cold side of pegasus and next month the hot side will need repair, then the diverter, the next month. You can buy this A.S. faucet for about $150, in chrome plated finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Don the plumber View Post
              American Standard makes a retrofit single handle faucet, with a large goof plate to cover holes from 3 handle faucet. You will have to cut out center hole a little larger, but when your done its fixed for life. You already spent more than 2 hrs screwing around trying to find parts. So what is actually cheaper? If there is an access behind there, its a 2 to 3hr job to install a new faucet. If there is not an access behind there, make one.
              I've done this a million times, trying to be mr. nice guy, but costing yourself money, trying to save the customer. Trash that POS pegasus and put in the American standard, and you and the customer will never look back. You repair the cold side of pegasus and next month the hot side will need repair, then the diverter, the next month. You can buy this A.S. faucet for about $150, in chrome plated finish.
              Nice guy, is what I am. That is why I have large customer base that goes back from 10 yrs ago or better for some. This for for a regular customer also. I found the American Standard faucet that you are refering to. Is the escutcheon made of plastic or metal?

Comment

Here, this might help.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...hlight=Pegasus

J.C.

Comment

You would be doing the customer a favor by changing it out.

That escutcheon does look like some faucets i changed that came from ace hardware

Comment

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
                    Nice guy, is what I am. That is why I have large customer base that goes back from 10 yrs ago or better for some. This for for a regular customer also. I found the American Standard faucet that you are refering to. Is the escutcheon made of plastic or metal?
                    The cover is metal, and very durable. I agree its not the best looking thing I've seen but it works.
                    They also make a white cross handle that looks just like the pegasus you have, that would go with the A.S. faucet.Alot of older homes like to keep that look. You just need the 110 cartridge, instead of the 120 that comes with kit, but it is the same body, so it can be changed out, even after you install it.
                    Sorry if you took it the wrong way, but seems like more often than not, when I try to save the customer money, I end up ticked off at myself, for trying to fix a faucet, that should be replaced.Then when I get the dreaded call back, that the faucet is leaking, or harder to turn, or temp is different, ect...I cost myself nothing but money, & customer is not happy either, even though they saved money. I never installed a new faucet yet, and regretted it.
                    Doesn't seem like I can find parts easily anymore, for these odd ball faucets, so rather than spending time running around, I keep 3 different cover plates {chrome plated} on my truck. I like the A.S. best because it is heavier, and all in 1 kit. But the Delta goof plate and the Moen goof plate will work too, so I give customer the choice, & if I can get it done right then and there, they usually will go for it, cuz they are tired of dealing with problematic faucet every day.

Comment

Ordered the American Standard Retrofit faucet. Didn't want to keep anybody in limbo

Comment

I have never had any luck finding Pegasus parts, so I just tell the customer that they need to have it replaced.

Comment

Has anyone used the wolverine remodel plate? They are a nice looking remodel plate similar to moens but thicker and nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by rich34232 View Post
                            Has anyone used the wolverine remodel plate? They are a nice looking remodel plate similar to moens but thicker and nicer.
                            No but I'm placing an order from Wolverine this week and I will take a look at that. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                            X