This sucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sucks

Just had to fire a friend who went down hill with booze and drugs. He didn't come in on Friday. Left a job for 2.5 hours on Monday(while he was supposed to be out on an emergency service call) and put it down as billable time and showed up late today. Not to mention other transgressions in the past year.
    Nothing like an earful of "You Suck" first thing in the morning.

Re: This sucks

Sounds like you gave him many chances.
    Wost his he likely won't take a lesson from this.
    Did he list undependable on his resume?

Comment

He is not ready to help himself.

Enabling will do neither of you good.

I check in occassionally with some of my addicted friends to let them know they are cared about.
      More than that they're going to have to make their own initial steps towards helping themselves,even if is as small as asking for it.

This Sucks

Comment

I'm sorry. Firing people sucks, especially when it's your friend.
        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I have been down that road....its been over 6 years since I've had to use or drink.When I first got clean my boss couldn't believe the change in me.One day he asked me into his office and wanted to know what it cost to join my AA club,,lol.Its free,well he wanted me to take one of my boss's to meetings with me.I did but he just was not ready yet.A few weeks later I get called back into the office.He tells me it doesn't seem to be working.I said as long as you give him a check every week and a roof over his head it wont.Not sure what ever became of that guy but I'm sure alot better off.

Comment

I spent a good part of my 1st year apprenticeship driving plumbers around who had lost their driving privledges.

Comment

its hard to work for friends and hard to have friends work for you but it is your business and you need to do what is right to keep it going

thats the same a neighbors i hate it when they ask how much i will charge them to do something ,i will help them for free if they are there helping also and will help me when i need it .
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I know it sucks and your friend thinks you're the bad guy in this. Don't forget that real friendship means both parties have a part to play and contribute. If he's not holding up his end of the bargain or can't blame you for screwing up his life, how is that your fault? It's a shame, but you have to hold your head high and wish him the best at helping himself. He may have a change of heart and come around one day; but then maybe he won't.

Comment

alcohol , A thousand laughs , A million tears . 26 yrs sober,not one meeting.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

When I was a young partyer and got into the trade, I was was amazed on how much alcohol and drugs were on the job; I thought, heck ya, I'll sign up! Now many years later, and lots of years alcohol and drug free, I thank God for protecting me in that time of my life.

Comment

Working...
                    X