prv valeve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prv valeve

About an 8 month bradford white 40 gal nat. gas. I had to drain and remove temporally.
    Customer says the prv is letting off a drip and rumbling about every Hr. Will replace the Prv.
    It's set a little high on temp. Any thoughts? water pressure at 60 lbs.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: prv valeve

usually in that scenario, it tends to be a weak valve.

put a pressure gage on the drain bibb and watch the pressure go up as the heater kicks in. make sure nothing is turned on. the pressure will creep up.

you either have a weak valve or need an expansion tank depending on your pressure, check valve, back flow preventer, city main pressure.

i usually find it's a weak valve or a bad pressure regulator. less than 5% of all heaters i see here have an expansion tank.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      usually in that scenario, it tends to be a weak valve.

put a pressure gage on the drain bibb and watch the pressure go up as the heater kicks in. make sure nothing is turned on. the pressure will creep up.

you either have a weak valve or need an expansion tank depending on your pressure, check valve, back flow preventer, city main pressure.

i usually find it's a weak valve or a bad pressure regulator. less than 5% of all heaters i see here have an expansion tank.

rick.
      You never let Me down friend! Thank You
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Try PlumberRick's advice, that is usually the case. At least around here, or it could be just a small piece of sediment stuck in it.

Comment

Re: prv valve

Thanks i changed out out the P.+ t in the afternoon. Customer agreed to pick up expense of expansion tank with check valve $260.00 . All new plumbing and waste with new prv set at 60 lbs, last year.

Washington State code. Expansion tank on all W. heaters. What's wrong with S.F. and Ca.

Comment

Working...
          X