Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to protect condensation on the surface of BFP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to protect condensation on the surface of BFP?

This is a Watts 957QT 2-1/2" RP installed down stream of water meter in sprinkler room with electrical heaters.

The entire main copper line is insulated except the RP.

I attached a picture which you can see water drops on the RP.

Is there any to to protect condensation?

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: Is there any way to protect condensation on the surface of BFP?

Build an insulated box and place it around the RP.

The key being to reduce the amount of moist air the RP comes into contact with.

Bill

Comment

Insulate it.

J.C.

Comment

That device would be impossible to service if it was insulated.

I believe the manufacturers instructions say not to insulate it.

Comment

we have the insulator make it so you have a removable cover to service the backflow.i think that you have to have the mod. ser. tag visable but nothing else. we label which covers are removable.

Comment

I did not know that BFB can be insulated.

Actually, I have never seen any insulated BFP.

Comment

i never saw one either until i saw the 2 10" ones pouring water on the floor in a humid service level. if there is high flow and high humidity look out . after that the insulater got creative with sheet armaflex and went to town.

Comment

Put a catch tray under it and then catch the drips and run a drain to some where it will not cause problems, If you can not insulate it or stop the drips.
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

The plant I worked in for 26 yars had 10 BFPD's. Four outside in pits, six inside, sized 1 1/2" thru two 16" units. All were insulated, and could be tested as insulated. "Black Rock" (fart rock) with aluminum sheathing. Replaced one of the 16" units due to an internal component failure during the 26 years. May depend on municipality.

Comment

Working...
                  X