No announcement yet.

RETIRING THE 4 ' VENT , what years ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RETIRING THE 4 " VENT , what years ????

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    When did the industry switch to all 2" and 1 1/2" roof vents on residential homes?
    Here in S.F. at least one vent has to be sized no smaller than the lateral [ side sewer ].
    Just curious, Thanks Tool
    We go by the 2006 IRC (International Residential Code). This is allowed by this code. Based on DFU rate, I might add. At first I refused to not run a 3" stack, but finally gave in. I have to compete with the competition.

Comment

Re: RETIRING THE 4 ' VENT , what years ????

In this part of SC, the inspectors say the vent only has to be 1/2 the diameter of the drain line. You see a lot of 1-1/2 vents on houses. I still like to run a 3" when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        I was joking as the thread title says 4', not 4".

It's not uncommon to require a bump in size for cold areas to prevent closing from hoar frost.

J.C.
        whore frost... What's that?
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
          How she acts when you don't have the money.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
            I'm in Minnesota too but way up north, hour north of Duluth. We got lot's of "whore frost" up here!

Minnesota 3" minimum through the roof. I get lot's of calls for frozen vents and stinky rooms up here. When it gets really cold and the whore frost sets in and the phone rings for a sewer smell I know right away what it is, bring the ladder!
            My house has one single 4" vent for the entire home. I've watched the top of that vent get almost capped over. When it's really cold it's neat to look at everyone's vent and see the steam coming out. You can always tell who just dropped off the Brady's at the pool!
            Only a plumber would notice something like that!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X