Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do when waiting for the Plumbing Inspector?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do when waiting for the Plumbing Inspector?

See the poll joel!
    Sit in the truck telling BS stories to my helper
    26.47%
    Say a plumber's prayer that the inspector is kind
    35.29%
    Figure out what the wife is going to yell at me for now
    11.76%
    Play make believe the inspector won't see the broken test gauge
    8.82%
    Hold your breath till you pass out lookin' for sympathy
    2.94%
    Get on Ridgid Forums and create a thread :)
    5.88%
    Wake up and realize that gem cap isn't tight on the water test. Noooo!!!!
    8.82%
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: What do you do when waiting for the Plumbing Inspector?

This one inspector won't quit until he finds something. He also drives a Impala with a spot light on it. Wears a jacket that says "INSPECTOR" in bright yellow letters on his back. I know he has a badge in his wallet. I asked him where Flash was? (basset hound on Dukes of Hazzard). He reminds me of Rosco P. Coltrane.

He's a good guy.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
      This one inspector won't quit until he finds something. He also drives a Impala with a spot light on it. Wears a jacket that says "INSPECTOR" in bright yellow letters on his back. I know he has a badge in his wallet. I asked him where Flash was? (basset hound on Dukes of Hazzard). He reminds me of Rosco P. Coltrane.

He's a good guy.
      So have you learned to leave a little something for him to find that will be easy to fix later?
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

You forgot to add,

Other:

I usually bs with the HO or someone else on the job.

Comment

If you leave the envelope in the proper place with the proper contents you can just go about your business

Welcome to Massachesetts
          sigpic

Comment

He will call me if he has any issues... I go on to the next job

It sometimes takes my inspector a week or more to get around to putting the sticker on my finished project...

The key is to prepay your permit fees for the month / year with the city and let them take what they need (it keeps them happy)

Comment

I got pictures of my Approved plumbing sticker today.

It felt good.

I did a water test to find any leaks (we had to use wax rings to seal off the lid to the grease trap) and when the 2 inspectors got there,

I pulled one trap off, stuck a clear tube inside the trap deep, put the trap back on and filled it with water.

Made a trap out of the tube, let water sit just like a trap or water level and then added water to the system.

It displaced the water in the tubing showing rise which indicated the air trapped in the system between all the traps filled with water and the level of water in the system was tight as a drum, passed.

That felt good, and soon after the health inspector showed up. All was good and the effort paid off, keeping this guy from being shut down. They were at his heels for the past few weeks and the health inspector had every intention of shutting this guy down tonight without a plumbing inspection.

Glad it all went smoothly. Probably my one and only permit I pull for the year so I guess it's all good.

Comment

We are lucky here its a gamble they inspect only five percent of jobs and if the inspector dosen`t arrive in the first thirty minutes of an inspection then all came be filled in or coved up and a valium 5 helps.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                  So have you learned to leave a little something for him to find that will be easy to fix later?

Yes I do. You're a smart guy.
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

"If you leave the envelope in the proper place with the proper contents you can just go about your business "

OR, if the inspector says" Is that a new {insert tool name here}? I've always wanted one of those." You are screwed. He's looking for a payoff.

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
                      "If you leave the envelope in the proper place with the proper contents you can just go about your business "

OR, if the inspector says" Is that a new {insert tool name here}? I've always wanted one of those." You are screwed. He's looking for a payoff.
                      When inspectors say stuff like that too me, I just reply with "Looks like I need to call in a State inspector" In most times they sing a different tune all of sudden.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

i once made a donation to a harley club one of the first inspections on a 544 unit apartment complex.

the inspector was a big biker guy and the donation made it a more pleasurable experience with the year to come.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

These two inspectors were supposed to get a small basket of deep fried macaroni n' cheese wedges but the 2 fellows (1 owner, other was friend) worked frantically to get it ready for inspection.

My job was limited, even though I basically ran a good majority of the drains.

That wax ring trick works good for sealing grease trap lids when the gasket is shot.

I was against silicone caulk, knowing somebody would be angry the next time it needed cleaned.

Whole lot of praying gets done it looks like~! 8 so far saying a plumbing prayer LOL!!

Comment

what inspector. i haven't seen a plumbing inspector in my life. the utilities inspect when they show up for hook up. we didn't even have any zoning until 5 years ago or so. breid...................

Comment

I get inspections all the time. When I'm waiting for the inspector I usually clean my truck which seems in never ending need tidying up.

That, or I'm desperately trying to find the leak if the air test doesn't hold all of a sudden.

I have to say that I've yet to run into an inspector here in the Twin Cities that isn't fair and just looking to make sure things meet code, or come as close as possible under the circumstances.

Oh that reminds me I need to get two permits. So I should be getting two inspections sometime this week.
                              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                              X