X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck safety...

In another thread about K-60's in the drain cleaning forum it was suggested that the machine would fit in the cab of a pumper truck. Nothing against that if you have it secured.

I rolled a pumper truck 16 years ago. It made about 7 revolutions before it came to a stop. Now think about that machine in the cab with you! Pretty scary thought.

If we stop and think about what is loose inside the cabs of our trucks, any number of things could hurt us in a crash. This is why the DOT want's our fire extinguishers mounted. Even a metal clipboard or a heavy coffee cup could cause serious damage to your head in an accident.

Think about it this weekend and when you go in on Monday morning take stock of what might become a missle in an accident. Then secure it!

I'd rather not hear about one of us seriously injured or killed because we got lazy about cleaning out our cabs.

That K-60 won't do you any good if it kills you!
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: Truck safety...

other than the .357 in the glove box ain't nothing secured in my truck. i even have a little clip on my seat belt cause i don't like it tight. leaves about an extra 12" in belt. i have it on so no ticket. lol. screw the law i will do as i please. breid..............

Comment

The DOT up here is famous for giving drivers tickets for unsecured cargo, for the milk crate full of everyday stuff on the passenger floor. I know I would not like to get a 4 pound hammer, flashlight, lunchbox, or anything else up side my head in a crash.

Comment

Since we are on the subject, a reminder to all van drivers, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SECURE BULKHEAD.

a drain cleaner was killed here a few years back when he went off the road into a snowbank and suddenly stopped. No big deal, didn't even hit anything, but the sudden stop cause his equipment to fly forward and kill him. If he had a bulkhead he would have walked away.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

If it was not for my bulkhead in my Chevy van back in 2004 I would be dead for sure. I did have my aluminum briefcase with my RPZ test gage in the cab, and when I was broadsided while turning left on the turn arrow my van rolled over to its side and the forward momentum flipped it end over end. I took a hit to the head from the briefcase. A few weeks later we where emptying out the van and I noticed when the van rolled to its side and started the flip it landed on the upper left hand corner of the cab which caved in about a foot, the bulk head added strength there to stop the cave in from getting any worse.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
            other than the .357 in the glove box ain't nothing secured in my truck. i even have a little clip on my seat belt cause i don't like it tight. leaves about an extra 12" in belt. i have it on so no ticket. lol. screw the law i will do as i please. breid..............
            Now I know We're blood ! Mom sends Her love.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by TozziWelding View Post
              The DOT up here is famous for giving drivers tickets for unsecured cargo, for the milk crate full of everyday stuff on the passenger floor. I know I would not like to get a 4 pound hammer, flashlight, lunchbox, or anything else up side my head in a crash.
              I always hated the Mass. registry Cops, SCREW THEM. Please send little necks and LOBSTER
              Where You been Brother ??
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
              X