X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohler toilet handle I.D.

been searching for this one, cannot find it on the Kohler site as well. It appears to be sticking in the open position, thus the flapper wont close.
    Attached Files

Re: Kohler toilet handle I.D.

kohler rialto 1 pc. toilet. common issue. the brass has some hard water deposits.

spray w.d 40 into the rod to handle socket and work the handle back and forth multiple times.

let the oil slick out of the tank and remove the flapper first.

just the water run while you're doing this to flush the slime from the tank.

rialto toilets were a disaster waiting to happen. but you have the upgraded flush valve and brass cap on the ballcock.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

RICK stoled my thunder!

I wd40 the handles and it works MOST ot the time.

Comment

See it alot and the previous posters have the answer that I would use.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          kohler rialto 1 pc. toilet. common issue. the brass has some hard water deposits.

rialto toilets were a disaster waiting to happen. but you have the upgraded flush valve and brass cap on the ballcock.

rick.
          Good call on the Rialto. I must have put fifty of them in when I lived in Ct. Not so many here in Minnesota for some reason. (More Am Stan Lexington's back in the day)

What I'm really wondering is how can you tell that there's an upgraded brass cap on the ballcock from the pic??
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
            Good call on the Rialto. I must have put fifty of them in when I lived in Ct. Not so many here in Minnesota for some reason. (More Am Stan Lexington's back in the day)

What I'm really wondering is how can you tell that there's an upgraded brass cap on the ballcock from the pic??
            good call but in order to get the newer square top flush valve, you also got the brass ballcock cap assembly. the plastic pivot arm with a rivet was a flood in the making. along with the nickle size overflow and rear tank vent holes that were about 1/2'' higher then the undersized overflow.

did i tell you i'm a kohler hater

at 1 time i bought 50 new all brass kohler 1b1x replacement ballcocks. the plastic shaks were cracking after a few years of service.

smartest thing kohler did was let fluidmaster take over production of their fill valves.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post

Thats why he's been nominated 154 times in 60 posts & 22 threads of the the week. He definetely can't be human
              I used to have to go to Cheapo Depot, & lowe life stores with a builder I did "finish plumbing work only" for, and he would buy the Rialtos 8 at a time, which would fit in my truck.Those and Cimmaron, I hated those POS's.Used to spend about 3hrs in there getting the high priced help to get me 8 toilets, but it was all T&M, so I didn't care, & no warranty on fixtures either.

Comment

good call but in order to get the newer square top flush valve, you also got the brass ballcock cap assembly. the plastic pivot arm with a rivet was a flood in the making. along with the nickle size overflow and rear tank vent holes that were about 1/2'' higher then the undersized overflow.

did i tell you i'm a kohler hater

at 1 time i bought 50 new all brass kohler 1b1x replacement ballcocks. the plastic shaks were cracking after a few years of service.

smartest thing kohler did was let fluidmaster take over production of their fill valves.

rick.
                I had a customer that 1pc. Kohler toilet overflowed, due to that plastic pivot arm breaking off. The guy from insurance co, had me give the ballcock to him cuz he said they had some kind of lawsuit going at the time, against Kohler, for this reason. And guess what Rick, something even you don't know, the overflow was too small, & when the fill valve would not shut off, due to pivot arm breaking it flooded house.
                Oh I see now what you said about overflow size, damn!

Comment

thanks don don't forget abot the rear venting holes in the china tank that were just above the overflow level too

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

thanks don don't forget abot the rear venting holes in the china tank that were just above the overflow level too

rick.
                    Your right! What the heck are those holes really for? Lots of those toilets may have overflowed alot less or not at all, without those holes.

Comment

Fixed many of those handles with Wd40, it works.

Comment

i think they were for venting to prevent condensation droplets. it allows free air circulation.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Call them and they will send your client a free trip lever.wd40 works, a brand new free trip lever will work longer. Be sure to mention that it is a right hand trip lever. I have made that mistake in the past.Cannot figure out why they cannot read my mind.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. If Kohler will send a replacement I will order one, if not, then out comes the WD 40.

Comment

Working...
                            X