X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voodoo Plumbing Solutions

Take up a collection from the Forum to buy one, and we will test the unit in our lab. We can provide full analytical testing of the water before and after treatment, using Inductively Coupled Plasma and Ion Chromatography to test the water.

Comment

Re: nh

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
      believers. how about the bible thumpers (christians). now there is a bunch. but to the wise i've walked on water. so send all your money to brother bob reid, po box 277, fulton, in 46931-0277. praise jesus. lol. breid................
      How would you like a King James slapped upside your head?

Comment

jesus told you to say that! lol. kjv luke 6:30. give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. give me your goods. lol. actually the whole 6th chapter of luke is a beautiful way to live. i really don't expect any of the thumpers i know to follow the teachings of jesus. give me your goods. you have my name and address. breid.............

Comment

this has probably nothing with the discussion but it is still pretty neat, and if you would ask me it looks like magic,

and has to do with magnetism and what is called lenz law which is explained in the second video,

If all else fails it is a great plumbers trick, use a magnet and a look alike piece of steel, and use you mind to slow the magnet, to your audience this should be right up Ricks line,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcVG6...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU6NSh7hr7Q&NR=1
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Looks like a good one to take to the job site and win a couple of bucks with.

Thanks for the post, now where are those magnets at......hmmm

G3

Comment

This stuff is all very interesting to me. I really liked the copper tube magnet thing. I will be trying that one at home.

Back to the magnetic water purifier or whatever it's called. I removed one of these things from a customers galvanized pipe back in the 60's when I was in my teens. I asked him what it was and he told me it was a water softener. I had trouble not laughing in his face, but he had already admitted that he got taken.

I have more stories about these things, all of which involve this unit not doing anything but getting money from the gullible customer.

They have been out there for decades in all shapes and forms and they all make the same Voo Doo Claims.
              Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

There's a wholesale house up here that sells something similar, and they swear by them. (Me... I just swear.) I've had to actually install some of them on lines as large as 2" in diameter! I didn't buy it, sell it, or recommend it. Jay.. for your info it's Park Supply otherwise a treasure trove of oddball plumbing and heating parts.

I did manage to save an uncle from getting one a few years back. I place the magnetic based contraptions in the same category as divining rods.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

had a friend that's parents had one for 40 or 50 years. his swore by it. this one looked like a coffee can wrapped around the pipe. i had to remove piping. i told the old guy that it was wore out. he needed new magnets........... the can was empty. lol. breid.................
                  Last edited by breid1903; 02-19-2010, 08:02 AM. Reason: illiteracy on my part. none of you are surprised

Comment

I did manage to save an uncle from getting one a few years back. I place the magnetic based contraptions in the same category as divining rods.
                    I couldn't have said it better myself.

i had to remove piping. i told the old guy that it was wore out. he needed new magnets........... the cam was empty. lol. breid...
                    Just like all the other magnetic devices... Empty.

Comment

so many of these things actually do more harm than good. you can probably find a hundred miracle solutions that the big companies don't want you to know about in the back of any issue of popular mechanics. Automotive products are a favorite; the hundred mpg carburator and the fuel line magnets mentioned earlier, the toilet paper roll oil filter, amsoil, bg44k or any additive product, or my personal fave at the moment, induction system cleaning.

cranks are cranks because they enjoy it, like being in on the secret. is it really criminal to sell them what they want? I mean, it does have entertainment value. pro wrestling fessed up, doesn't seem to have hurt them.

eddy currents are cool. ever had a truck with an electric driveline retarder? Smoooooooth. That was an eddy current brake.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Funny thing Commercial TV Stations Use Ductwork NOT Coax !

I have In fact seen Good results with AMSOIL ... Was selling a used car Tranny was acting up ... Changed over to AMSOIL and was able to sell the car with NO repairs ...

Dave

Comment

Funny thing Commercial TV Stations Use Ductwork NOT Coax !
                          A little off topic, but I had the pleasure of visiting Chanel eight here in SC Florida. Their Coax is 4" Copper Pipe with a 2" center Conductor of copper. Pretty impressive looking plumbing job.

Comment

bump

is the 4" copper for shielding? 2" copper center. how do you "see it". xray vision. what is 2" cu center used for. got more questions. breid...............

Comment

I'm no expert on how it's set up. The engineer out at the remote site where the antenna is; is a ham radio operator like me so he invited me out to see the transmitter. I saw all the plumbing and asked how they could afford 4" sewage lines in copper. When he stopped laughing he explained that it was the feed to the antenna. Or hardline as it's called. The 4" is the shield and the center pipe is the feedline to the antenna.

Standing under the antenna is a trip. It goes up over 1/4 mile and has an elevator in the center of the tower. I wasn't offered a ride, and probably wouldn't have accepted anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X