Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit my limit with the Seenake Compact!

While investigating a sewer smell complaint I decided to camera the 4" cast iron. First toilet I pulled had three bends, one 90 and the other two tees (within 40'). Went about 75' and could go no further. Second toilet I hit four bends...within 10'!!! Could go no further. Crap, crap, crappity crap!

Re: Hit my limit with the Seenake Compact!

Sounds like a job for the Microdrain

Comment

I even had one of the guide balls attached. No, I think the thicker, fiber optic camera cable is what I need!

Comment

Yea you dont want to force it too much when hammering it into 4" cast iron. The balls do help so does running a little water with some soap if you don't mind the bubbles. That's about the only time we break out the full size camera. MicroReel and MicroDrain handle just about everything else.

Comment

the trick is to avoid the toilet entry. the closet bend, heel outlet and comby is the problem. try to find a less restrictive entry .

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

There is no other entry. The crawl had a 4"tee filled with cement, 2' of snow on the roof, and I saw no other c/o in the crawl. I have to go back, I may try to bust out the concrete in the tee, or add a c/o right outside the house, as there is not one, and it is rather shallow.

Comment

You could always cut a wye in the main line with a cleanout. (Easy for me to say, I'm not in the crawl space.)

Just remember, we're rootin for ya.
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
              X