Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper warranty

Seen somewhere on here a few months back about copper.org

Someone had pasted to a page about its 50 year warranty.

Can someone post this link again?

Also have a house, they already had one leak a month back, in the slab. Hole in the pipe about as big as a BB. Busted floor, and brazed in a new section of pipe. They have another leak.

Weird thing is the soil on the property is soooo sandy, that it was leaking for two weeks, about, and they had no clue. No water showed up anywhere outside the house. Meter was spinning out of control, water heater could not even attempt to knock the chill off the water it was so bad.

Don't think the soil is causing the leaks, maybe just bad luck?

Has anyone ever had to use the 50 year warranty? If so what's the process?

Re: Copper warranty

good luck with the warranty.

we had a roll of 1 soft copper that was installed under a dog pound/ kennel slab. took months for the microscopic hole to leak and warm the slab. this copper had been under a test for months prior to the pour on this project.

with my special camera i was able to locate the leak and since this was a special project, we were able to pull out the old and pull in the new without cutting into the kennel area.

there was not a ding or nothing visible to the human eye.

the cost to patch the concrete was spendy as it had to be re water proofed and signed off by the city.

i think they eventually got paid. but it took a a lot of battling.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

with my special camera i was able to locate the leak
      Special camera? Infrared?
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
        Special camera? Infrared?
        camera that fit into 1'' soft copper 50' long with transmitter.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

http://www.copper.org/applications/p...rnty_main.html

Comment

Sorry but I tried in vain to get relief for bad copper ! Never answered my E-Mail !

Copper is NOT Legal in Jacksonville FL for residential ... (Last time I checked)

Dave

Comment

noe

copper.org has a lot of phone numbers. call them all. personally i wouldn't expect them to honor their guarantee. they don't have to, plenty of people to buy copper "it's the best". if you want to know what their word is worth, start a thread asking who has ever had them honor the warranty personally. personally. lol. breid....................

Comment

Looked at this warranty... they cover no damage resulting from the defect.... we NEVER use copper and don't know why anyone would use in a slab application, too many incidences of small pinhole leaks. I would venture to say that they would try to discount any claim... there are too many exclusions.

Comment

I hate running copper in the ground under the slab, wha tis the point, when you have a problem, it is easier to fix by isolating which line it is and rerun it in the walls, loop systems are Just a ditzoid idea, i have walked away from jobs because I don't want the liability
                  I don't bite my finger nails, I KNOW when payday is, and yes, it can run uphill when it gets blocked(or you install a grinder pump) so HA!!!!

Comment

The warranty does not cover in slab applications nor does it cover abnormal PH conditions. The warranty covers manufacturing defects only. It would be like expecting PEX manufacturers to warranty pex that had been installed in high UV light conditions.
                    sigpic

Comment

In todays times, almost any warranties goal is to not warrant it. It's just a sales tool. Whether it's PEX, Copper, ProPress, Tires, etc. etc.

I sleeve everything if I have any doubts with this.

http://www.ipscorp.com/watertite/pro...m/pipesleeving

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                      X