X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacuzzi Repair question?

Looked @ a jaccuzi today and the home owner said that the ON/OFF button turned ON fine but gave him trouble when it came to turning it OFF. Guess I'm gonna have to tear up some purdy tile.... no access.
    It is basically an island in the middle of the bathroom tiled all around with a huge glass walk in shower behind it. -- connected but separate, if that makes sense. thanks for any advice.

Re: Jacuzzi Repair question?

Originally posted by Gulo Luscus View Post
    Looked @ a jaccuzi today and the home owner said that the ON/OFF button turned ON fine but gave him trouble when it came to turning it OFF. Guess I'm gonna have to tear up some purdy tile.... no access.
    It is basically an island in the middle of the bathroom tiled all around with a huge glass walk in shower behind it. -- connected but separate, if that makes sense. thanks for any advice.
    You could have a leak on the air switch.

J.C.

Comment

I wish I had more info about what brand and all that but the guy was in a hurry and didn't have much time to spend on it, plus it must have been written real small. ... air switch? is that repairable or is it better to replace?
      either way i gotta tear up the tile, right?

Comment

There must be access to the air switch. Start there before you tear anything up. Jacuzzi is also pretty good about having tub info online so you may want to identify which actuator it is.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Gulo Luscus View Post
          I wish I had more info about what brand and all that but the guy was in a hurry and didn't have much time to spend on it, plus it must have been written real small. ... air switch? is that repairable or is it better to replace?
          either way i gotta tear up the tile, right?

The air switch will be at the motor. The button on the tub is just the actuator and there will be a plastic tube between the two.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

ok, thank you very much sir. will update later.-- prolley a few days

Comment

Most Jacuzzi units have one or sometimes two access panels
              They may be hidden by the tile so look close for hidden clues as to where the
              panel may be..for example no grout in a tile row etc.

There has to be some sort of access to service the innards!

Cactus Man

Comment

GULO Me Boy. You need to relocate, so I can keep You outa trouble.

I work for fine Italian food! Somehow I'm guessing You make a great tomato sauce.

Spend $200.00 of this Guys money on a Micro Sea snake. It'l come in handy!
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X