X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Apprenticeship

Finish what you started, you are over half done. The effort you have put in up to now may not seem like a lot of fun, but in the end you will not have any regrets about 'what if' should you move on to plumbing without finishing what you started. Remember you are also building character. You may decide you don't like plumbing a couple years in and look to start another career. Once you start work in the profession you are training for you will find that the drudgery of school is not at all the same as the reality of a challenging career.

Comment

I agree. You should finish your degree first, then you will have an easier time paying the bills with your plumbing job after plus paying off your debts from school. Where I live you have to be employed to even start an apprenticeship, even if you have the cash to go to school, you need an employer to register you as an apprentice. I think it is awesome that where you live you can learn about plumbing in night school a couple of nights a week while doing something else productive during the day. This is what I would do if I were you, go to school during the day, then learn about plumbing in night school. Before you know it you will have plenty of careers to choose from. Good luck with whatever one you choose!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
        St Cloud has an excellent program that will tie you up 2 nights a week in school.
        Call the union and see where they are at.You will not find a better plumbing education program.

I would take the time to finish up your degree and by then the economy will have picked up.
        The test to join the program happens in march.
        Call the hall and test the waters.
        Phone: 612-333-8601
        Toll Free: 888-333-8965
        Good luck.
        Not so fast. St. Paul's program is better. (Just kidding, they're most likely very similar)

With hundreds of plumbers sitting on the bench in the Twin Cities I doubt there will be open arms from a plumbers hall at the moment. But you're right Jay, it can't hurt to call. I've been told that some electrician apprentices sitting on the bench have been told that it will be years before jobs are available so if they can find alternate careers it might be wise.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
          Not so fast. St. Paul's program is better. (Just kidding, they're most likely very similar)

With hundreds of plumbers sitting on the bench in the Twin Cities I doubt there will be open arms from a plumbers hall at the moment. But you're right Jay, it can't hurt to call. I've been told that some electrician apprentices sitting on the bench have been told that it will be years before jobs are available so if they can find alternate careers it might be wise.
          In good times the Sparkys LU 292 was 400-500 deep!
          Years is right!
          Minneapolis has the St cloud union jurisdiction..they are also 15

Comment

Working...
          X