Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nut and Ferrule Puller?

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
    Good point ! Ok Rick is this it ? http://www.superiortool.com/images/03875.jpg

how about door #3

looks like the red pasco, but i don't remember who makes it.

i'll have to get a photo up when i get home with joey

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

how about door #3

looks like the red pasco, but i don't remember who makes it.

i'll have to get a photo up when i get home with joey

rick.
      I like welding some more flat stock to those weak forks
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
        Yes, I have a special tool that splits the ferrule without even touching the pipe.
        Looks like no one saw this. Safe-Tee-Cut, I know that's not spelled right, they make a Hackzall blade to cut drywall. They also make the ferrule cutter mentioned above.

http://www.saf-t-kut.com/Brass_Compr...g_Remover.html

Comment

Originally posted by JK949 View Post
          Looks like no one saw this. Safe-Tee-Cut, I know that's not spelled right, they make a Hackzall blade to cut drywall. They also make the ferrule cutter mentioned above.

http://www.saf-t-kut.com/Brass_Compr...g_Remover.html
          I purchased one of those a couple of weeks ago at a trade show. I imagine it will get used as much as my angle stop puller did, which was about once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
            I purchased one of those a couple of weeks ago at a trade show. I imagine it will get used as much as my angle stop puller did, which was about once a year.
            i too bought the ring cutter at the show. thought it was an interesting design. wish they made a hex bolt for a socket wrench and not channel locks to tighten them. haven't used it yet, but it should work as intended.

the shortened sawzall blades i thought were the biggest joke and waste of money. fist off it requires a 1.25'' stroke to work properly. it's nothing more than a sawzall blade that's been shortened and front teeth ground off. and they're getting about $6.00 each for them

there are much safer and much more accurate ways to cut drywall without all the guess work. a small circular saw with the blade adjusted to the wall thickness will cut it perfectly without the guess work. so will a drywall cutout tool. the sawzall blade is the last choice and if i do use it, i tilt the blade to score the wall and not penetrate the wall.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Got the saf t kut also, yeah I might use it once a year but I love tools that save me grief. The Pipe Hog for plastic pipe has been a real winner a real arse saver. Theres always a way to git'er done but man its nice to have a tool that makes it like butter

Diamond blade on a angle grinder with vacum for drywall and plaster.

wookie

No hex head on the saf t kut is pretty lame.

Comment

You will like the ring cutter, but you will find out that you cannot insert the shaft of the tool into the copper stub out without reaming it first. It seems that you and I are not the only plumbers who realized there is no need to ream copper stub outs before putting on compression angle stops. Shhh... don't tell the inspector!

Wish they would have designed a handle for the thing through.

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                i too bought the ring cutter at the show. thought it was an interesting design. wish they made a hex bolt for a socket wrench and not channel locks to tighten them. haven't used it yet, but it should work as intended.

the shortened sawzall blades i thought were the biggest joke and waste of money. fist off it requires a 1.25'' stroke to work properly. it's nothing more than a sawzall blade that's been shortened and front teeth ground off. and they're getting about $6.00 each for them

there are much safer and much more accurate ways to cut drywall without all the guess work. a small circular saw with the blade adjusted to the wall thickness will cut it perfectly without the guess work. so will a drywall cutout tool. the sawzall blade is the last choice and if i do use it, i tilt the blade to score the wall and not penetrate the wall.

rick.

Comment

Their video shows them using a combination wrench rather than a Channel-Lock. I'm wondering if that means they had a design change?

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I had a master plumber get real mad at me when I suggested he use a nut & ferrule puller.

He was at the supply house trying to buy a "compression plug" which they didn't have.

Fergy's guy's had never heard of them either.... I offered to sell him mine, but I had already made him mad.

Some people

Comment

Working...
                    X