opening day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opening day

Well guys monday is it I will be telling my boss I am DONE! I cleaned my truck off on friday and I am sure when I tell him I am starting my own company he will tell me to take a hike. I got a call last night no heat but it was a forced hot air system and could not help the woman but of course I told her "well now you know who to call for plumbing" I still have a lot of stuff to get wrapped up.I hope this stress does not kill me though.

Re: opening day

Good luck. A good business takes time to grow. No overnight success.
    Hope fortune smiles down on you.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Good Luck

Honesty and Hard work will always pay off.

Spend some time going through the business discussion threads for lots of great tips.

Don't be afraid to charge to much and don't be the cheap guy...

Bill

Comment

I am not going to be the cheap guy however I want to be reasonable I think 200 and hour is a little high maybe 80 an hour but what ever the price it has to pay the bills and make some profit. I am glad i found you guys last may since I will have no plumbers to talk to or bounce ideas off of you guys may no agree on all things like flat rate vs t&m or tank vs tankless but that is one great thing about this forum. Hey by the way my ridgid sales guy at ferguson can not find ridgid 7/8" ic cable for the K-60 will I have to get one section of general cable?

Comment

Occasionally, I get calls for people up your way. Send me a PM with your contact info and I'll pass it along

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck and work hard, you will be fine. Just takes time for a business to grow.

Comment

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!

Hopefully you look back 5 years from now and realize this was the best decision you ever made.

Scary time to start out, but if you make it through this mess at least you'll know you can make it through the next one.

Put your seatbelt on and cinch it tight, sometimes it can be one he11 of a ride!
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Good luck to you!

Being honest, competent, and showing up are more than half the battle. Making sure you get your billing done is VERY important. That's my weak spot. I hate paper work and far too often I don't bother billing jobs out.

Oh... just a suggestion, but don't go into debt to buy equipment.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Good luck. I for one believe this is the best time to make the decision that you have made. When this economy turns around you will be set and running on all cylinders with the kinks all worked out.

When figuring your per hour rate make sure you include drive time and down time.Most lose anywhere 2-4 hours a day driving and not getting paid for that time.

Comment

Dont tell your boss squat! Its none of his business, and do you want to hear threats of failure and revenge if he accuses you of trying to steal his customers?

Unless you can prove abuse, I would not count on unemployment either.

Do you already have advertisement out there?

Comment

Show up when you tell someone you will be there
                      They will be counting on you
                      You will do fine

Comment

Oh... just a suggestion, but don't go into debt to buy equipment. [/QUOTE]
                        Yea but how long should you put off buying equipment I feel like I should buy this stuff now. All I own is a K-50 and some hand tools.

Comment

[QUOTE=rich34232;283807]Good luck. I for one believe this is the best time to make the decision that you have made. When this economy turns around you will be set and running on all cylinders with the kinks all worked out.

My thoughts exactly I think things will turn around People are looking for a deal now and it s not like it will take a million dollars to run the company Thanks for being optimistic for thats what I need.

Comment

Put your seatbelt on and cinch it tight, sometimes it can be one he11 of a ride!
                            Well Gene my life has been up and down with how much I have been making over the past ten years when I started in plumbing I made 25k after I got my journey mans lic. 55k and now after I got my Masters lic I made 38k so many week have been too much work 65 hrs or no work 8 hrs that happened two weeks ago but I just think It will be the same just bigger bills. My two main concerns are 1 getting calls word of mouth from the calls I get and how of this will go on no one knows. 2 How much do I buy or how much debt can I handle 3 No disaster that hurt the insured to work status .

Comment

Contact

your local small buisness assoc. They have alot of info for small biz mgmnt, accounting, etc. Must of us in the trades are better workers than accountants. Starting off right will make you biz easier in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                              X