No announcement yet.

Which tubing bender to use?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which tubing bender to use?

    I have to run some 5/8" OD soft copper tubing for propane. Both the model 310 and the model 358 tubing benders are for 5/8 OD. Can either be used? I can't find the instructions for using them on the Ridgid website. Are they there somewhere?

  • #2
    Both the 310 and the 358 could be used on the material you are speaking of, However the model 358 is a bender designed for heavy wall steel and heavy water tube applications and might be over kill for your application. Also, consider the bending radius on the two.
    Thje 310 has a bend radius of 2-1/4" while the 358 is 3" this makes the 310 preferable where space is an issue. Contact technical service at 800-519-3456 in order to obtain copies of the instruction sheets for these items.


    • #3
      This is not plumbing but relates to bending tubing. Does anyone know if Ridge has information on how to bend other types of steel tubing like EMT? I have an electricain's hickey for 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch tubing with index and guide marks or symbols but I have not been able to determine how to use it to make exact bends to fit up to various equipment.