No announcement yet.

Which tubing bender to use?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which tubing bender to use?

I have to run some 5/8" OD soft copper tubing for propane. Both the model 310 and the model 358 tubing benders are for 5/8 OD. Can either be used? I can't find the instructions for using them on the Ridgid website. Are they there somewhere?

Both the 310 and the 358 could be used on the material you are speaking of, However the model 358 is a bender designed for heavy wall steel and heavy water tube applications and might be over kill for your application. Also, consider the bending radius on the two.
    Thje 310 has a bend radius of 2-1/4" while the 358 is 3" this makes the 310 preferable where space is an issue. Contact technical service at 800-519-3456 in order to obtain copies of the instruction sheets for these items.

This is not plumbing but relates to bending tubing. Does anyone know if Ridge has information on how to bend other types of steel tubing like EMT? I have an electricain's hickey for 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch tubing with index and guide marks or symbols but I have not been able to determine how to use it to make exact bends to fit up to various equipment.