Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit Card Processing

PlumbingParamedics:

Surprisingly it took them two days to withdraw the funds, then it took them a day to transfer the funds back in. Less the discount.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Today, if you don't have a company website, and that website isn't on the first page of a Google search, you really don't exist for a lot of customers. You will never show up on their radar. The same holds for credit cards. You may think that you're doing just fine taking checks and cash only, but the fact is that customers shop for your services using all sorts of filters: Have they been in business long? Are they familiar with the work I need to have done? What credit cards do they accept? None? NEXT!

The original poster said he has no advertising. I can't believe that the truck is his ONLY advertising, but let's say it really is. That company doesn't exist for anyone who uses the web the way most people under thirty do, which is for nearly EVERYTHING. There are ways to keep your costs of business down, but are some minor charges for using credit cards the best place to look to lower your overhead? I'm no fan of the credit company and their borderline confiscatory practices, but take a look at your competition: I'll bet they ALL take credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Western Reserve View Post
        The original poster said he has no advertising. I can't believe that the truck is his ONLY advertising, but let's say it really is. That company doesn't exist for anyone who uses the web the way most people under thirty do, which is for nearly EVERYTHING.
        Western Reserve, I said I don't have any advertising and you said you can't believe it. Gardner Plumbing, LLC., located in Shorview, Mn. My business phone is a cell phone. No go and find some advertising. If you believe me I'll save you some time. There isn't any. All my work, 100% is referral. I know plenty of contractors who advertise and they do more business I'll grant you. They also have to deal with all kinds of people I generally don't. I have never had a bounced check. (knock on wood).

My truck has never had lettering untill this last year when a Minneapolis Plumbing Inspector insisted he was going to give me a ticket for no signage the next time he saw me. So I got signage. Guess how many jobs I've gotten off that signage. Zero.

I'll stick with my practice of trying to do a great job for my customer and not reaming them. Sometimes doing a job for free when the situation warrants, if someone is completely out of luck and at their wits end.

The reason I now take credit cards is because more of my customers seem to be asking about them these days. They usually say they want to get "miles".

I do not want to come up in google. I'm frankly not setup to do more work than I can handle. (Duh. Who is? ). What I'm saying, poorly, is that I'm doing OK the way I'm situated. I don't need the inundation of a bunch of calls from the internet eating up my time. Where strangers are going to want references and I'm going to be driving all over the metro giving free bids in a competitive situation. I know my place in the world and I'm content with it. Capiche?

I personally suspect if a business can't live on referrals they're not doing something right. But this is America and you're free to believe what you want.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
        X