X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer line done wrong #2

I went to replace this sewer line today. I knew it had been done wrong, but I had no idea how wrong it actually was. Take a look.

Here is the kitchen sink drain line. I got the job because another company tried to snake the line from the kitchen and couldn't get through. I wonder why.

Here is how the toilets run.

That's some high quality handy-hack work right there.

Re: Sewer line done wrong #2

Just needed to give the water a map to get out!

Comment

Absolutely no way a plumber or helper worked on any of that. I believe foreign day laborers picked up and just told "hook all of this up."

Those are pictures for the ages.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

nevada, that's 2 funky sewers in as many weeks. does your area have any kind of inspectors or code enforcement?

what was the outcome of the first sewer mess from last week?

save some for us when we visit in 2 weeks

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

It was some time between 1998 and 2000 when we got a building department in this town. Before that, there was no code enforcement. Even now, if the house was built before the building department, they let you do whatever you want. It leads to some really scary work.

As for the other one I posted, I gave the homeowner a quote to fix it. She sent the builder a certified letter with all the info in it. She's waiting to see if he will take care of it. If not, she will contact a lawyer and go from there.

Comment

we just got zoning here. i see this kind of stuff all the time. mostly from cheaps. i know they are cheaps because when you tell them what it costs to make it right, well o boy. the most prevalent answer is "we didn't pay that before!" well how is that working? breid...............

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
              I went to replace this sewer line today. I knew it had been done wrong, but I had no idea how wrong it actually was. Take a look.

Here is the kitchen sink drain line. I got the job because another company tried to snake the line from the kitchen and couldn't get through. I wonder why.

Here is how the toilets run.

That's some high quality handy-hack work right there.

Your pics make me want to move to Nevada!!! Lot's of job security.
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I'm going to have nightmares about that picture for a week now!

........then I'll have sweet dreams of the cash I could be making out in Nevada!

Comment

well it ain't that much job security. they will cobble it together any way they can. a lot of that work is done on sat or sunday. then they run chisel over the ground. hard to say anything when it looks like landscaping. maybe use a roto-tiller on it. the licenses don't do it but they find someone who will. breid.......................

Comment

I wish I had pictures of a job I was at 18 or so years ago. I had pumped the septic tank but there was an issue with the effluent leaving the tank. The HO and son/friend/whatever went to find the D box while I was pumping. No luck. So I went with my probe, starting just back of the tank and tried to follow the pipe. I followed it for a couple of feet then it disapered. So HO dug. 90 degrees down. Oh boy. So we located the direction it went (90 degrees right)and proceded. About 8" to another 90 left, 6" 45 right, 1' 90 down, etc... about this time I told them to get someone with an excavator and start digging.

I have no idea what the he!! someone was thinking with that mess. I never did hear back from them but now and then I wonder if they ever figured out where that pipe puzzle went.
                    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Wow. LMAO Need to GPS before every flush
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

looks like trailer set up crew plumbing to me

Comment

Working...
                        X