Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we gotten the info on the K-45 yet?

Was there an information release by Ridgid on the K-45 yet?

-Specifications
    -Photos
    -Options

If not when can the Ridgid faithful expect to see something

Re: Have we gotten the info on the K-45 yet?

as soon as you buy all the 39af's then you can buy the 45.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
      as soon as you buy all the 39af's then you can buy the 45.
      Only thing left of my K-39 AF is the Auto Feed which I have mounted to a very old K-38

I will buy a different brand before I buy a K-39 ever again so it is a good thing the K-45 will soon be around...

Comment

bill, why the k-39

mine has hundreds of cleanings under its drum

sure there's always room for improvement in every tool, but it hasn't let me down

and yes i have many of the older k-38 and newer k39's, but the one in my truck is the one with hundreds of jobs on it.

the closes i've been to a k-45 is the little photo posted on the pumper photo page

renee, enlighten all of us

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I will express the good AND the bad based on my experiences

If the K-39 is so good why the need for the K-45

The K-39AF was an utter dissapointment for me, from the jerky nature of it's starts and stops which gave me more then one drum scrape on my left forearm to the very disposable nature of the 1/4" cable. The last straw was the microcomputer controlled trigger failure that caused my K-39AF to become fodder for my junk trailer

The K39AF is not a pro's tool IMO.

I'm looking forward to the K-45 and will get one in the hopes that it will renew my faith in Ridgid pistol drain guns...

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post

The K-39AF was an utter dissapointment for me, from the jerky nature of it's starts and stops which gave me more then one drum scrape on my left forearm to the very disposable nature of the 1/4" cable. The last straw was the microcomputer controlled trigger failure that caused my K-39AF to become fodder for my junk trailer

I'm looking forward to the K-45 and will get one in the hopes that it will renew my faith in Ridgid pistol drain guns...
            Agreed.

And kind of on subject/off subject-I'm sick of all the "New" and "Innovative" things in drills altogether. It's over.

Other than better battery technology there is no more VooDoo to try and market. The discoveries and improvements are known.

You have a drill that breaks in less than 20 years while you are using it for it's designed purpose....then you have one that the manufacturer either made cheaply or designed to fail.

That's right, I said it, 20 years.

J.C.

Comment

okie

why do we have to have a need. there are a lot of different pickup trucks. how about guns? i don't need but one and that's the one in my hand. i have 11 or so. some i loaned to my kids or gave to my grand kids. i don't count them and don't want them back. all thought sometimes they want to trade or have more, that works. i like to raz rick but i have not wore out my k-38 yet. breid...............

Comment

hopfully they will raise the price to $500 or more then less dyi's will have them.
                the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post

bill, are you running 1/4'' cable with your k-39

it's too small for the auto feed.

the factory 5/16'' inner core is a good match. c-11c is a good match.

as far as the forearm scrapes, we all have them this was brought up on many occasions at the roundups. the switch i think has to do with the d.c. motor/ rectifier. that too has been brought up.

i'm thinking they listened to us and have made some improvements to our concerns.

try the 5/16'' ic cable and i think you'll have better luck. plus i always take out my cables to dry and reload when ready. a 5 second removal and a 30 second install will make your cables last much longer

and no, i haven't seen one in person yet

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Hello,

I have attached a catalog sheet and a picture for everyone to view.

You ask what is differrent, the difference is the power unit. We have optimized the power unit for the application. The K-45 has a soft start and powers up to 600 RPM's and increase of 150 RPMS's over the K-39. The unit has a new look and feel with soft touch grips on the ergonomically designed handles.

Take a look, and let me know if you have any questions.

We are currently taking orders for the K-45.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\cobrow\Desktop\Cat sheet K-45.pdf[/IMG]
                    Thanks
                    Renee
                    Attached Files
                    Renee

Product Manager

RIDGID Drain Cleaning

Comment

renee, any chance of molding a set of 4 snap in forearm/ wrist guards for the recessed drum screws? sure we can tape over the screws, but a nice little wedge that holds into place will reduce many operators from getting a nice bite taken out of them.

like the new specs on the power unit

what happened to the rear cord exit of the power unit? the bottom cord will not fit a 5 gallon bucket properly, will it?

just to clarify, will the power feed work 1/4'' cable? or is it just for the manual unit?

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

renee

i have to wear out my k-38, but this has the same power as the k-38 or vee. i believe that i will like the extra rpms. there some folks on the forum who thought that the vee or 38 were to heavy. imagine that. suppose that will stop them from getting a 45 and forgetting their comments. why wouldn't it fit a bucket? my 38 fits in one with a bottom cord. i'm 65. this will allow me to keep working several extra years. i like the money. which is why i will probably buy one. use 38 as backup. breid..............

Comment

Looks good but from what I can see you need a long lead to connect back to the US.
                          It is only available in 110volts !!!!!
                          How about an 18volt model.

Simon

Comment

Re: renee

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                            ..why wouldn't it fit a bucket? my 38 fits in one with a bottom cord.......
                            not that the cord won't flex and fit the bucket, it's that the strain relief cord grommet will take a beating in the bucket. the rear exit cord was a more ergonomic design.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                            X