Bad smell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad smell

I was the third plumber to investigate this smell...or where it was coming from. Needless to say, it was getting sucked into the duct work and spread all over the house leading to irregular pattern/locations. Intially I was going to do it myself, but the cramped space, and weight of the material, time, dictated otherwise.

I can only speculate, but by the splatter marks on the duct and the dry, airborne poo, they must have had a backup, and possibly the rodder opened up the hole. But who really knows?

The photo of the flashlight kind of gives an idea of the cramped area. Also, my partner was on the otherside of the duct, that way I did not have to crawl all the way around on my belly and snap that.

There were two combos, I cut them both out, then replaced with no-hub.
    Attached Files

Re: Bad smell

Nice find.

Had a smell call today to. Found they busted open the stack by the stairs. Ran 1 1/2 PVC used cement and tar to fill around PVC and cast Iron stack. Ran the 1 1/2 PVC about 40 inches PVC 90 strait up about 3 feet. for a laundry drain No P trap easy find. That handy neighbor did a great job. I need a better cell phone that has a flash like my old phone some of the hack work here
    Then had a tub clog a handy man for a property management company uses. After hours of no luck he gave up and called the office for help. Nice 2 streets up from my home. Cleared it in under 5 minutes easy one I got a dirty look. "Loves dirty looks from handymen"
    Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-08-2010, 05:41 PM.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
      I was the third plumber to investigate this smell...or where it was coming from. Needless to say, it was getting sucked into the duct work and spread all over the house leading to irregular pattern/locations. Intially I was going to do it myself, but the cramped space, and weight of the material, time, dictated otherwise.

I can only speculate, but by the splatter marks on the duct and the dry, airborne poo, they must have had a backup, and possibly the rodder opened up the hole. But who really knows?

The photo of the flashlight kind of gives an idea of the cramped area. Also, my partner was on the otherside of the duct, that way I did not have to crawl all the way around on my belly and snap that.

There were two combos, I cut them both out, then replaced with no-hub.

Nice find!

Comment

Originally posted by northernillinoisplumber View Post
        i was the third plumber to investigate this smell...or where it was coming from. Needless to say, it was getting sucked into the duct work and spread all over the house leading to irregular pattern/locations. Intially i was going to do it myself, but the cramped space, and weight of the material, time, dictated otherwise.

The photo of the flashlight kind of gives an idea of the cramped area. Also, my partner was on the otherside of the duct, that way i did not have to crawl all the way around on my belly and snap that.

There were two combos, i cut them both out, then replaced with no-hub.
        2 missed that !! Lotta bums out there !!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

you earned your money on that one.

you need to take a few lessons from rick, he gets the customer to crawl in for him

G3

Comment

Working...
          X