Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: H.W. heater recirculation mix up?

Originally posted by rich34232 View Post
    In a sub division we have started to work in we have had a rash of clients calling in to say that they have debris in their shower faucets and many of them have had the original plumbing company come back and replace pressure balancing cartridges. Many Grohe shower valves have an issue with volume and temperature changes. The clients have complained that they were not receiving instant hot water with the recirculation lines and a drop in hot water.
    I started to look at the recirculation pumps and noticed they are plumbed with the check valves, ball valves that are wide open and check valves with the drain valve. They look great and they are installed neatly. The issue the check valves and pumps are installed backwards drawing the sediment out of the water heaters and into their plumbing fixtures. This is the very first thing I check now. I have reinstalled six in the last two months and have sent letters to the sub division owners to call us to service their units.

I have also found a few swing check valves soldered in the closed position.
    You must have very good eyes to see that, which I know, by the size of your writing. I had to use a manifying glass

Comment

Re: H.W. heater recirculation mix up?

yeah sorry about that once I reset font I said ooops. I use a magnifying mirror to set under the pump for help.

Comment

Working...
      X