X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well head Connection

Submersable pump Wel head 1" female pipe thread (No Danger of Freezing) What is everyone using ?

Dave

Re: Well head Connection

We are eat slap up with higher pressure black PE pipe from the well head to the pump.

I don't quite understand your question in relation to Female Adapters though.

J.C.

Comment

pitless adapter is my guess to what he is looking for.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

The well head is cast Iron it Has Female pipe thread ...

anyone screwing a 1"male PVC adapter in and calling it Macaroni ?

Comment

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
          The well head is cast Iron it Has Female pipe thread ...

anyone screwing a 1"male PVC adapter in and calling it Macaroni ?
          I'm confused but things are done differently everywhere. A typical well head/seal here is something like a Campbell brand 4", 5", 6" etc.

It has a slip joint seal in the middle that compresses when the bolts are tightened.

For my area at least, nothing from the water pipe is threaded into the well seal and I've seen no problems with it. Pulled pumps hanging 20+years-200+ feet.

We call it Grits.

J.C.

Comment

The Pitless adapter has 1" Female pipe threads

Anyone screwing a 1" PVC Male adapter into theoutlet of the pitless adapter

Comment

Yes, I have screwed 1" Male adapters into the Pitless, we use schedule 80 or 120 on the drop pipe.

Comment

in areas where freezing is a potential and if looks is an issue a pitiless adapter is used,
                a pitiless adapter is usually a special top piece of casing or and special fitting that is put into the casing that will allow a pipe to slide into it from the top making a water tight seal below frost line, yet is easy to lift off to pull the pipe and pump,

on other areas where freezing is not a problem usually just a well seal is used, which is a round device that has pre made holes in for the pipe and two metal plates with a soft material that will squeeze and seal the top of the well off and allow the passage of the pipe and the wire,

the first picture is of well seals,

and the last set of pictures are of pitiless adapters, two different types are show,

one that is a add on type and number of well caps and seals, and one that is self contained that has it own well cap built in to it
                all are sold by http://www.merrillmfg.com/index.html

I my self would think one would have advantages with a pitiless adapter nearly regardless of if your in a freeze zone or not, for neatness of installation and potential damage to pipes and so on,
                Attached Files
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I don't know if I agree with a pitless adapter being better but that may be because of my zero experience with them.

Many less things in the mechanical chain with the standard well seals in climates without hard freezes. I think of pitless adapters only being used in places like MN for some reason.

Worked on many wells here and have never, ever, seen a pitless in person. We have weeks at time of freezing temps too.

What's got me thrown is Noettica asking about pitless adapter connections in Florida???

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                  X