X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slab leak

From the time I pulled up to locate then walked out after fixing the leak 2hrs 15 min. I go back in the morning to pour concrete back, and to get paid. Man if all of them went like that that is all I would want to do.

Re: slab leak

Originally posted by JW3 View Post
    From the time I pulled up to locate then walked out after fixing the leak 2hrs 15 min. I go back in the morning to pour concrete back, and to get paid. Man if all of them went like that that is all I would want to do.
    You must be living right because they never come that easy

Comment

am i the only one that knows how to use a camera phone

love the new camera phone. i can email my job and post to the forum without ever hooking up a cord or memory card.

guys, it's fine if you don't want to share your embarrassing moments

but please share the good stuff

we all learn form each other

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Here are some pics Rick

The first one is a "Handyman special" , The 1 1/4 lav tailpiece was inserted into the 1 1/2. Notice the liberal use of Rubber cement on the trap outlet to make a quality long lasting seal

Picture #2 is a candid shot provided by the Ridgid Explorer not sure how it got into the toilet trap but it did not come out

Comment

plumberscrack you are wright!!!!!It seems as if I have spent the last month on the end of a jackhammer. Everything else I have beendoing has been a big bad nasty m----- f------....It was nice to finally get a hit and run.Come to find out last year the ho had a case of termites and the exterminator drilled into the slab to apply chemicals. It was a nice pretty drill spot on the 1/2" copper.PS sorry rick I am to hillbilly to learn how to take teh pictures from my phone and download to the site.

Comment

I got a call from a local plumber years ago who could not find a slab leak at a dental office. I suggested he drill a few small holes in the area he thought it was in and try to track the leak. After a couple of days he called back and said even with the holes he could not locate the leak so he offered to hire me.

When I showed up at the site I found the holes he "drilled" (I use a 5/16" bit) were 30" jackhammered holes and there were at least a dozen of them. Within a short period I found an above slab leak in the 3/4" riser to the water heater. I told the plumber and left feeling real sorry for the dentist.

About 6-months later the dentist called and reported he had another leak but would like to go we me instead of the other guy. When I got there he told me it took 10-days to clean up after the last leak so he canceled all of his patients for the next two weeks. He went into his office to catch up on paper work and I located the leak, repaired the slab leak through a single 12" floor tile and poured the concrete in a little over an hour.

I went to the doctors office door to report I was leaving and he got mad asking when I would be back to fix the leak. I explained the leak was repaired, gave him the invoice and the piece of copper pipe and smiled. This guy was so thrilled I thought he was going to kiss me. Twenty years later he is still using my old shop.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
            X