Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your opinion, please re: charges

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
    I don't own a probe; I'm in the Rocky Moountains. You can't stick a probe more than an inch into most soil here when it's not frozen (which it's usually frozen from mid Oct to mid May, and for sure froze up hard Nov thru Apr). Here, you dig dirt with a pick or a hoe; shovels are for snow.

When I'm looking for a tank, it's because I'm doing a main line clog and I want to pop the tank lid to see if it's above, below, or at the tank. And because, even if it is between the house and the tank, I'd prefer to jet it up from the tank so I don't have to worry about flooding anything. If the tank is buried under just snow, I'll dig for it. If it's under frozen dirt in winter, it's a nightmare to get to it even if it's only a couple inches of dirt, so I go there only if I have to, and it's so much effort to dig that I always locate it first.
    We've got a few areas around here like that.

I take it most tanks have easy access to the inlet (easy being a relative term). New tanks around here are required to have it but the old stuff that I run into usually does not have any access to the inlet baffle.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
      We've got a few areas around here like that.

I take it most tanks have easy access to the inlet (easy being a relative term). New tanks around here are required to have it but the old stuff that I run into usually does not have any access to the inlet baffle.
      concrete ones are usually pretty easy. some have a san t you have to go the wrong way thru, but that can be done. the fiberglass ones with the cast in baffle are a pain. I usually just lean in and sawzall a hole in the baffle. About half the time the pipe has crept up too close to the baffle wall and its clogged with a wad of paper there. the sucky ones have five feet of riser on them and I have to get someone to hold my ankles.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Anything with 5 feet of risers pisses me off! Unless you pump the tank yearly (more often in some peoples case) you can't get the stuff at the opposite end of the tank. I don't care how much you back flush, there will still be sludge at that end of the tank. I wish designers and installers would think about us service guys more!
        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
        X