Pain in the....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain in the....

A friend of mine had a ruptured waterline under their house, I went under and found a bunch of rotted galvanized... I replaced a majority of the lines over the course of a few hours. While performing the work I noticed the strong smell of pets (dogs / cats) under the house.

I finished the job and came out from under the house and noticed I was covered in fleas, this has happened before

Got cleaned up and defleaed but a few days later I started noticing these strange blotchs on my chest that continued to get bigger.

Went online and looked at pictures of rashs and foud pictures of Ringworm

I self treated with Athletes foot cream for a week but it only got worse.

I have since gone to the Doctor who took a sample and identified the fungus as Ringworm. I'm now taking a perscription pill along with the Creams.

This stuff is nasty and has continued to spread even after the pills and creams. The doctor has told me that this stuff will continue to spread for another week before the drugs have a chance to start working...

The moral of the story is be careful of the environment you are working in and always work on cardboard or drop cloths when under houses and wear long sleves...

The joys of Plumbing
    Last edited by OkieBill; 03-14-2010, 12:21 PM.

Re: Pain in the....

ouch!!

Hope you fell better buddy !!

Get well soon!

Comment

Sorry to hear about it. I hope you get well soon!
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Dog gonnit Bill.That sucks.

not to make small of your discomfort...
        I been nailed by fleas.Came flyin' out from under the 100 year old house with a dead possum rotting.
        Stripped down to my boxers and had my helper garden hose me off.Thank the Lord the twinky owner wasn't witness.

I still consider it small potata's to what you got.
        Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

A dose of Frontline for large dogs might help.

When I shot 3D archery tournaments I gave myself a good dousing of Deep Woods Off. Worked great for ticks and chigggers. I'd guess it would deter fleas. Didn't do much for timber rattlesnakes and copperheads.

James

Comment

Do You feel any responsibly to call the local health Dept?
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Dog Gonnit (really funny)

The house was clean and there are no children so I'm not sure it is a health department issue.

The owner did hire a bug control guy who blew powder underneath once he found out what happened to me.

Best I can tell from reading online the Pets bring in the ringworm spores and then I crawled through them... There is nothing that can easily kill a spore.

I learned how to handle Fleas they are no problem I never did try frontline but when I was in the military we used to wear Heartz flea and tick collars (one on each wrist and ankle)...

Comment

Thanks. I would have never thunk it.

I try to always keep at least a pair of Tyvek coveralls with me. Pretty handy.

J.C.

Comment

I learned this from my Daughter, and used it on my grand son when he got ring worm, was gone in a few days,

Garlic for Ringworm Treatment

Garlic has been used for ages and is best known for it's amazing anti-fungal properties. Though it has an undesirable smell, it kills fungus better than over the counter creams. You can use fresh cloves of garlic to rub directly on the ringworm or buy a pure garlic oil for easier usage without the peeling and crushing involved.

Ringworm is contagious and can be easily spread on just about anyone. If you have a ringworm, do not share your towel to your kids or to any member of your family. You can decide to stop the infestation and wipe out itchy ringworm now without a trace in less than a week with this amazing ringworm cure.
                  there are some other ideas on the link,
                  http://stanford.wellsphere.com/skin-...-remedy/806664

also chlorine bleach in water works well also, (at one time it was even printed on the labels of the chlorine bleach bottles for taking care of athletes foot), (which is ring worm on the foot),
                  Make a solution of two tablespoons up to half a cup of laundry bleach to a gallon of warm water and soak your feet for 10-15 minutes twice a day. This should clear up athlete's foot in a week or ten days. http://www.diagnose-me.com/treat/T519954.html
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I buy rolls & rolls of 6ft wide plastic
                    Who knows whats been sprayed under any house
                    Hope it clears up

Comment

I get them from here:

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...Tyvek-Coverall

You can get 4 or 5 crawl jobs out of one pair. Of course, it depends on how nasty they are...

Then just chunk 'em.

When they're new and packaged, you can fit 2 pair in most glove compartments if they aren't too full.

J.C.
                      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 03-14-2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                        I buy rolls & rolls of 6ft wide plastic
                        Who knows whats been sprayed under any house
                        Hope it clears up
                        I will figure it into the bid, and allow plenty of time, to lay 10' wide heavy plastic down on ground, before I go in there. Worked in one crawl space just 2 weeks ago that had animal skeletons in there. Also had to remove a whole bunch of debris, cuz last contractor used the crawl space as a dumpster, when bathrooms, & kitchens were remodeled, several years ago.

Comment

Well speaking of crawl jobs, my driver gets to go crawl under a house to pump a tank today. Thankfully this will be the last time he has to do it as it is being replaced.
                          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Oh man Bill, that's rough....I hope that heals quickly for you!

Comment

Working...
                            X