Code is not relevant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Code is not relevant

In maryland you have to be a master plumber and you are either insured to work or not insured to work and that is how your license reads You can not get a permit until you have changed the insured to work status for you license.
    also 4yrs as apprentice pass journeyman plumber/gasfitter pass backflow course. 2yrs as journeyman pass master plumber/gasfitter test oh yea journeyman requires 2lb gas cert.

Comment

well well well I guess I should have watched that first. two or three hundred dollars who would pay that much money for a clogged toilet thats crazy? Is it just me but after you run an auger down the trap way don't you test with paper not just water to make sure you did not just push the clog past a object and see it paper will catch and re clog?

Comment

Now that is funny. I especially loved how he removed the excess paper from the cable then touched his face.

Comment

Originally posted by rich34232 View Post
          Now that is funny. I especially loved how he removed the excess paper from the cable then touched his face.
          Numerous times.

Comment

"Hmmmm... Let's see... It sure LOOKS like chocolate...

"Let's just see how it tastes, huh?"

(And we wonder why we aren't taken as serious professionals?)

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
              The rule makes sense to me. The entity pulling the permit should carry insurance, and bonding if required by the administrative authority. Just having a master plumber's license doesn't necessarily mean you're insured or have the financial wherewithall in case you screw something up big time. As part of the requirement to be able to pull a permit the business entity must have a master plumber employed by the shop.
              Previous to this law the Master plumber was in charge of the work and obtaining the permit. He was required, on the permit application, to show that he had insurance, (worker's comp and unemployment). The Master plumber was responsible for the job, personally, and it was his skill and knowledge that determined the outcome. Now it can be some suit who doesn't know a drain from a vent who can be in charge of the company and dictates to the plumber how things will be handled. It just doesn't make sense to me or a lot of others.

Now a large corporation can be the boss. Would you Mr. Homeowner, rather go to court against Home Depot and their attorneys or Joe the Plumber and his insurance company? I do not know why this change was made but I am certain it was not to benefit the small plumbing company or the public.

Comment

Originally posted by aphco View Post
                previous to this law the master plumber was in charge of the work and obtaining the permit. He was required, on the permit application, to show that he had insurance, (worker's comp and unemployment). The master plumber was responsible for the job, personally, and it was his skill and knowledge that determined the outcome. Now it can be some suit who doesn't know a drain from a vent who can be in charge of the company and dictates to the plumber how things will be handled. It just doesn't make sense to me or a lot of others.

Now a large corporation can be the boss. Would you mr. Homeowner, rather go to court against home depot and their attorneys or joe the plumber and his insurance company? I do not know why this change was made but i am certain it was not to benefit the small plumbing company or the public.
                plain stupid, follow the $$$$$$$$$$$$$
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by rich34232 View Post

The part that made me laugh was when he called the brown water rust which may have been but if that cable is rusty. It's been in a toilet with poo and do you really want to touch that with out gloves. If your going to make a video it would be wise to give proper safety instructions as well. In my opinion that kind of advise is just shooting yourself in the foot. I did like the fact that he continued to auger it out once the initial blockage was removed. That is something I all ways practiced as well.

Comment

$200.00 or $300.00 ??? $350.00???

$350.00 well it was christmas eve. and it ain't your toilet. for whatever reason some people just can't live without one. what can i say? what can i say? we are rural here. with several lakes. my city customers (lakers) would not be upset at all. their only question is "will you come". being the nice guy that i am, well sure. breid.................

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post

2. After how sloppy he's using that auger, the porcelain is scratched. You cannot allow that cable to back out while augering or it will start to damage the visible areas of the toilet inside the bowl.
                      EXACTLY!

EVEN THIS LADY ;-)

Knows and WARNS you to be careful and "not to scratch the toilet'

Seems the guy everyone is talking about might have some good ole friendly competition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ILFbD7zGE

Comment

Working...
                      X