Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code is not relevant

This joker writes:

"I agree with you, passing ca. contractors lic. test is not about being a plumber. That is why the Contractors State license Board hires me as a subject matter expert to assist in the exam they use. Being a professional anything can not be equated to being truly qualified. I don't think matching wits with you in a code competition will prove anything either, Code questions are the very thing I suggest to the state Lic. Board that are not relevant. I have nothing to prove to anyone here."

I think someone else here posted this earlier? Anyone think this guy is a plumber? Watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servl...&v=4oyfjKLXwHk

Re: Code is not relevant

I just checked and he has been licensed since 1976.

https://www2.cslb.ca.gov/OnlineServi...icNum=00315036

http://www.ramonasplumber.com/

Ramona is a small agricultural community in North San Diego County. I have a hunting buddy I met at a supply house 37-years ago who lives there. I will see if he knows anything about the guy.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

In Cali you can plumb with a contractor license?

Hmm....i just learned something, Sorry NY guy here

How ya been Brian? Good To see ya

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post

I guess I don't understand your question. He is a licensed Plumbing Contractor which means he had to be a Journeyman Plumber for at least 4-years and then pass his Plumbing Contractor's exam amongst other things.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          I guess I don't understand your question. He is a licensed Plumbing Contractor which means he had to be a Journeyman Plumber for at least 4-years and then pass his Plumbing Contractor's exam amongst other things.

Mark
          Oh, sorry, I was reading it wrong,

I though Cali allowed General contractors to Plumb as well as Plumbers with plumbing licenses, sorry my bad....

I need to slow down sometimes, I just can't

Comment

I could not help but notice the guy (redpancut) giving RamonsPlumber grief also post on plumb411.com. Does anyone here know him?

Mark

Comment

ok, after watching a 10:27 video on auguring, i thought to myself, this plumber needs to have us proof read/ proof watch his video before he bothers selling it off as the gospel

a toto drake gmax toilet will not get the proper refill amount of water back into the bowl with a normal fluidmaster 400a ballcock. also i got a kick out of the fact he attempted to tell the audiance that the refill hose needs to be shoved down the refill tube wrong. if the refill hose is shoved down the overflow lower than the tank water level, it will create a syphon and slowly suck the tank down, causing the fluidmaster to refill after a 3/4'' drop in water level.

so if you're going to show how to properly do it. make sure you know how to properly display it

rick.

try the new fluidmaster pro45hr the hr stands for high refill. comes with 4 different refill inserts.

Model# PRO45HRModel# PRO45HR Features:
              • 4 inserts to adjust the bowl refill rates specific to the TOTO® and Kohler Class 5 toilets.
              • Anti-siphon/backflow design prevents contamination of fresh water supply
              • Reduces water hammer
              • Large thumbscrew adjustment makes it easy to adjust the float height for a perfect flush
              • Easily adjustable height from 9 - 13.5 inches provides a universal fit
              • Includes patented Torque Guard® locknut
              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-14-2010, 04:44 PM. Reason: link, hard to find
              phoebe it is

Comment

1. Seeing that 400A inside that toto proves the korky fill valve that comes with that toilet is ridiculous for reliability.

2. After how sloppy he's using that auger, the porcelain is scratched. You cannot allow that cable to back out while augering or it will start to damage the visible areas of the toilet inside the bowl.

I use a general that extends 6'.

That tool alone I know for a fact has made me 10 grand alone in 8 years.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

When you've been at this as long as I have you end up knowing quite a few people in the trade. So I called my buddy in Ramona and he has known this guy since my buddy was the Delta Rep which was probably 20-years ago. The guy is a service plumber who has been at it for about 40-years. He has worked on my buddy's rental property without an issue. The guy is active in the community and always has an advertisement at the Rodeo or in the local paper.

When my buddy saw him at the bank last week he told my buddy he was trying to work less in the field and more on the Internet. Plumbing is tough on you after you have 40-years in so I don't blame him for trying to get out of the field. As far as what type of plumber he is I will let his videos speak for him.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    When you've been at this as long as I have you end up knowing quite a few people in the trade. So I called my buddy in Ramona and he has known this guy since my buddy was the Delta Rep which was probably 20-years ago. The guy is a service plumber who has been at it for about 40-years. He has worked on my buddy's rental property without an issue. The guy is active in the community and always has an advertisement at the Rodeo or in the local paper.

When my buddy saw him at the bank last week he told my buddy he was trying to work less in the field and more on the Internet. Plumbing is tough on you after you have 40-years in so I don't blame him for trying to get out of the field.
                    Mark

I'm at year 23 and the plumbing angels are already calling me, to lift me away.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post

Yes You can,under certain conditions. I hold a Gen. B Ca License. When I pull a permit for Three or More trades. I can, and do them all. My carpentry,plumbing ,elec. gas fitting are all inspected and signed off. I can't pull a plumb. or elec. permit by itself.
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Michigan changed its code to be really.....stupid is the only word that can be used.

A Journeyman plumber needs to have three years as a Licensed Journeyman, doing plumbing work before he can take the Master plumber exam which consists of at least three parts. If you pass you are given the Master Plumber License.

There is also a test that anyone can take to become a Plumbing Contractor. A Plumbing Contractor does not have to be a plumber, but can employ a Master Plumber to work for him. Actually, a representative of a corporation can obtain a contractor's license and then the Corporation becomes the contractor.(Bear with me, the stupid part will be here soon. )

If you are a Master Plumber who is in business you can obtain a contractor's license just by application and payment of the fees. Remember if you are not a plumber you need to take a test, mostly on business and the plumbing law, not the code ( I think) to become a Plumbing contractor.

( Here comes the stupidity).

In order to obtain a permit you must be a contractor or a home owner. A master plumber may no longer obtain the permit. Only a contractor or a home owner who do not have to be plumbers.

In other words the person who has or should have the most experience in plumbing, the Master Plumber, may not obtain a permit, but those with the least knowledge of plumbing ( the homeowner or contractor) may obtain the permit.

Before anyone in Michigan jumps on me check this out. It was brought up in the last code update class and verified with various inspectors.

If any other states are like this please post

Comment

Originally posted by APHCO View Post
                          Michigan changed its code to be really.....stupid is the only word that can be used.

A Journeyman plumber needs to have three years as a Licensed Journeyman, doing plumbing work before he can take the Master plumber exam which consists of at least three parts. If you pass you are given the Master Plumber License.

There is also a test that anyone can take to become a Plumbing Contractor. A Plumbing Contractor does not have to be a plumber, but can employ a Master Plumber to work for him. Actually, a representative of a corporation can obtain a contractor's license and then the Corporation becomes the contractor.(Bear with me, the stupid part will be here soon. )

If you are a Master Plumber who is in business you can obtain a contractor's license just by application and payment of the fees. Remember if you are not a plumber you need to take a test, mostly on business and the plumbing law, not the code ( I think) to become a Plumbing contractor.

In order to obtain a permit you must be a contractor or a home owner. A master plumber may no longer obtain the permit. Only a contractor or a home owner who do not have to be plumbers.

In other words the person who has or should have the most experience in plumbing, the Master Plumber, may not obtain a permit, but those with the least knowledge of plumbing ( the homeowner or contractor) may obtain the permit.

Before anyone in Michigan jumps on me check this out. It was brought up in the last code update class and verified with various inspectors.

WOW - Thanks for sharing that, that is interesting for sure,

Why would they do such a thing?

Comment

The rule makes sense to me. The entity pulling the permit should carry insurance, and bonding if required by the administrative authority. Just having a master plumber's license doesn't necessarily mean you're insured or have the financial wherewithall in case you screw something up big time. As part of the requirement to be able to pull a permit the business entity must have a master plumber employed by the shop.
                            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

sounds foolish to Me!
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                              X