http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1225840657519

what would you write on banner at cricket for him to see

i like to talk to plumbers anywhere in world

skype usersname bazza the bushman

facebook bazza bushman

make me your friend

we can talk about anything

Re: funny downunder australian plumbing story

My wife and I visited Bondi Beach on our honeymoon. (She still has her ring!)

Reminds me of a story: I was working for a husband/wife that co-owned a travel company. Fabulous home, one of several they own throughout the world. I had worked for them many times. The wife calls one morning, distraught: she had washed her wedding ring into the bathroom sink.

I told her the usual. Cover the sink drain with a wash cloth. Do NOT run any water, anywhere in the house. I'll be right over. I told her that she had to stay with me, in case I found it. A few minutes later, I was cleaning the toothpaste and other muck off, and handed her what must have been at LEAST a hundred grand worth of diamonds. Amazing.

Handed her the bill: Seventy-five bucks. (About one third my going rate, for the record.)

That night, the phone rang. "Seventy-five bucks! Just to find a ring?" screamed the hubby. Click. Find yourself another plumber. They called, and called, and called, trying to get me to come back, all if forgiven, blah, blah, blah. I'm hoping the next plumber pockets the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Western Reserve View Post
      My wife and I visited Bondi Beach on our honeymoon. (She still has her ring!)

Reminds me of a story: I was working for a husband/wife that co-owned a travel company. Fabulous home, one of several they own throughout the world. I had worked for them many times. The wife calls one morning, distraught: she had washed her wedding ring into the bathroom sink.

I told her the usual. Cover the sink drain with a wash cloth. Do NOT run any water, anywhere in the house. I'll be right over. I told her that she had to stay with me, in case I found it. A few minutes later, I was cleaning the toothpaste and other muck off, and handed her what must have been at LEAST a hundred grand worth of diamonds. Amazing.

Handed her the bill: Seventy-five bucks. (About one third my going rate, for the record.)

That night, the phone rang. "Seventy-five bucks! Just to find a ring?" screamed the hubby. Click. Find yourself another plumber. They called, and called, and called, trying to get me to come back, all if forgiven, blah, blah, blah. I'm hoping the next plumber pockets the ring.

My son once found a wallet. The drivers license indicated the person who lost the wallet lived about 1000 miles from us. Since at the time we lived near Mystic, Connecticut which is a tourist area, we thought it might be a tourist who lost the wallet. Bunch of credit cards, no cash. We called and left a message at his home that we found his wallet, that it, and his credit cards were safe. (Trying to save his trip for him). I even went to the extent to call one of his credit card issuer's and left our name and number so he could contact us if called to cancel them. We didn't hear back from him so we mailed him his wallet. A couple weeks later he calls us up and accused my son of stealing his cash. If you knew my son the accusation was laughable, not to mention extremely rude. Some people!
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

If I have said it once I have said it a million times there is no such thing as intelligent wealthy people. Isnt it amazing how they love us until the bill comes and then there is the inevitable "it costs how much..............?????? ".

Good mate, looked after better than ever. Mind you not short of a quid or ten decides to use installments. Friends, probably shoudnt have broken my rules of not working for them

Comment

This customer I worked for about 7yrs ago, wasn't extremely wealthy, but wasn't hurting either, if you know what I mean.
          Customer calls me for simple drain problem. Long story short, have to replace drain pipes under floor. Old cast iron, with no bottom left. This happened 2 days before, luxurious carpeting is to be installed, in his basement. He's crying the blues to meSo he asks me if I could take payments, ( I knew him well ),so of course I agree, to 6 month payment plan.
          While me and 4 other workers at the time are jackhammering the floor out next day, we had to take his deliveries that came while we were working there, which consisted of, 4 plasma big screens, new leather furniture, & about 12 very fancy bar stools.

Comment

Okay, fair is fair. Time for some props for the rich folk I work for who appreciate good workmanship, fair pricing, clean plumbers, and everything we offer as professional tradesmen.

I worked for another "stay at home" wife; had done a few fairly minor things around her house. Hubby is a world-renowned architect, but their son is REALLY famous. (I'll just leave it at that, for discretion's sake.) She had someone re-do one of the bathrooms, including a two grand toilet. I have to be the one that gives her the bad news: That toilet, that two grand toilet, ain't working, and to get it to work wouldn't really be worth the effort. You know what she said?

"Oh, well. It isn't a perfect world, is it? What do you think I should do?"

I'll take it out, re-cycle the brass, take the rest to the paving guys for re-cycling, and we'll install one that actually works.

"Great. Let me know how much it is. I'm so glad you're here."

I coulda kissed her. (And she's not the only qua-zillionaieress I've worked for who really gets it, and appreciates honesty. What a woild, huh?)

Comment

Working...
            X