Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohler Persuade Dual Flush

Kohler Persuade Dual Flush

I just had the opportunity to install one of these. After 35 years of plumbing i had to read the instructions to install a toilet. This is by far the worst design i have ever seen in a toilet. The toilet does NOT bolt to the closet flange, it uses to angle clips bolted to the floor. To change a ballcock the tank has to be seperated from the bowl. I was wondering if anyone else has had the pleasure of installing one of these?? I think the dual flush is a good idea but the way this thing mounts is an accident waiting to happen.

Re: Kohler Persuade Dual Flush

I have not installed one with the dual flush, but I have had the misfortune of putting in a Kohler toilet where you had to install clips to the floor first and then screw the toilet down to the clips. I used the template and was careful, but given some issues with the wood floor, one of the clips was off by about 1/16 of an inch. It took over and hour to get it attached and I had to remove the toilet several times which meant having to replace the wax ring. I also recall the toilet required you to remove the tank to be able to replace the ballcock. Simply amazing. The holes through the porcelain where you need to run the bolts, were way too small in diameter, thus even the slightest misalignment = no threading. Fortunately I have not had to install one since.

Comment

is it possible that toto and kohler are using a similar design

too bad you didn't see my toto post before you installed that junk

i said i would never install another one.

too bad my customer didn't read my thread before he bought 2 of these while i was out of the country. both had factory issues and let toto have it

read all about it here http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ght=toto+aquia

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Oh my god, YES. I put one in for a friend. Was like, f, there isn't a toilet I can't install, you just get one, i'll throw it in for you.

THREE hours later it was installed. NEVER again. I refuse to set one, what a horrid design. I understand the idea, but jesus couldn't they make some bracket that you bolt to the flange then the toilet to that or something?
        My avatar, is every mans wet dream, don't lie. We all know you ride the bedroom moped

Comment

don't worry guys, there will be some that think this is job security so only a plumber with years of training could install it

truthfully, i've installed 3 and there is no reason for this design. it's going to be a nightmare down the road when the ballcock needs replacing. good luck getting the tank apart to replace it.

i like toto, i just don't like this design or product.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X