Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you break it go and get it...

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Two month old! I bet not many drains either.

Thanks for the tip. No pun.

J.C.
    This cable was babied as my indoor machine (WD-40 baths after every cleaning) so I'm a little disapointed since it was not like I was jamming the cable.

I really like this cable so I'm trying to find a reason to blame myself for this break and get another one, I just can't pin this one on me so I'm struggling with what cable to get

Comment

Nothing wrong with that cable. You got hosed by the new guy welder at the plant is all. Get a screw in end to fit, chuck it in a vise, lop off six inches, grind flat, red loctite and screw the new end in, off you go.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

bill, why did you try pushing the auger all the way to 24' when you first hit it at 7'

i'm not sure if there is a factory screw in connector with the innercore innerwound cable. same as my general 3/8'' cable.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          bill, why did you try pushing the auger all the way to 24' when you first hit it at 7'

i'm not sure if there is a factory screw in connector with the innercore innerwound cable. same as my general 3/8'' cable.

rick.
          Rick, After I hit it the first time I thought I would have a better time catching it if I got it jammed into the line so I jammed it in with the camera, If it would not jam then I would have pushed it to the cleanout with the camera. That was my theory anyway

Comment

OkieBill: An exciting day! I'll bet you gave a sigh of relief when that bulb came out eh? I know I would have. Good job!
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              OK, So the head w/ connector broke at the weld... I'm still puzzled as to how I could flip like this and not feel a thing...

All's well that ends well

Are you using Ridgid cable??? Maybe thats why.....

Sorry Ridgid...
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                Are you using Ridgid cable??? Maybe thats why.....

Sorry Ridgid...
                I bought another one today, tell me I'm not a gluton for punishment

Comment

Bill, Thanks for sharing the video. I could have read a dozen pages you had written on this adventure and not really have gotten the understanding I did with the video. An interesting adventure for you, with a good outcome. David

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                    I bought another one today, tell me I'm not a gluton for punishment
                    Bill Greate job on the post and the videio was good to watch thanks
                    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Curious as to the reasoning to push the head out to 24' when you could've had it at 7'?
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        Curious as to the reasoning to push the head out to 24' when you could've had it at 7'?
                        Gear see post #18 and 19

Comment

Working...
                        X